Need help w/memorizing Geologic Timescale which is a big chunk of info. (example inside) tell me how you would do it?

Given this information, how would you encode it into memory efficiently? I’m curious. Any ideas?
Or possibly, give an example of how you would tackle this?

3 Likes

Anyone with any ideas?

1 Like

If you haven’t seen it, there is also a discussion here: Geologic Time Scale – if you post in that thread, someone might reply.

Acrostic mnemonics might work well.

Camels Often Sit Down Most Peculiarly, Perhaps Their Joints Creak, Perhaps Early Oiling Might Prevent Permanent Hobbling or Rheumatism.

Cambrian, Ordovician, Silurian, Devonian, Mississippian, Pennsylvanian, Permian, Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous, Paleocene, Eocene, Oligocene, Miocene, Pliocene, Pleistocene, Holocene or Recent.

2 Likes

The first thing is: Do not waste your time with learning old stuff. Choose the International Chronostratigraphic Chart 2018 v. 08. Work always with the most actual references.
Send me your e-mail address at [email protected] and I will send you very good material, which will help you to learn this Chart easily by hart. For the geological concepts, you also need to understand a little bit of Greece. I myself work with a Peg-System-100 by Harry Lorayne.
I am waiting. Sincerely Christian

1 Like

Here are links, for anyone who is interested:

Is it something that could fit in a forum post? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks very much you guys. I will hopefully check this out when I have more time!