Nagime memory training begins

As people may already know me on the forum I have had relatively a lot of success with memory techniques being applied to what I do however in the past year or two I have spent most of my time with rote and really dragged the dust out of it. I have made my ability to rote(of course with spaced repetition) learn effective enough to be usable, the issue remains that it is slow to learn with regardless. I can reliably handle a working memory load a minute with rote which may cap around 2000-3000 words(associativity) in 10 hours if we are talking about learning words. My memory with rote has increased drastically in high periods so I can definitely see it improving further but the core of it is that it isn’t as fast to memorize with as memory techniques are. 150 minutes which is 2 hrs and 30 minutes can yield 3000 words with memory techniques that is at-least 4x faster, furthermore for foreign alphabets according to my own tests it is incomparable, you can just memorize an entire table with memory techniques in a go without having to apply much spacing at all and it sticks very well.

As such this is an official restart for me to dive directly into memory techniques while it won’t entirely eliminate my rote training as this has taught me a lot about the brain, I will focus far more on memory techniques once more.

While I am not planning to enter competitions I will aim for the highest output, but I will naturally be inclined on memorizing words as it is more likely to directly fall in line with my learning and also improve speed.

For restarting memory techniques I will set some simple initial goals and extend on them:

Make 1000 new loci
Make a full 2 digit major system
Make a PAO system perhaps for cards
Make a radical system (kanji)
Solve the issue with fast chaining
(this is where you slow down when you try using already learned images quickly and interchangeably) I hope to solve this without having to learn the chained pattern but that is always an already known solution.
Large experiment on properties to optimize memory techniques (fun)

I will try updating at-least once every week and keep a regular schedule to work on this.

6 Likes

I have been internally debating how to acquire the appropriate systems but this might as well be a chance to use memory palaces to learn the systems though it would be easy enough to use rote.

First task -
100 loci and encode 100 major system digits inside them.
check a list of numbers and add the sluggish digits to a more frequent review - test some review schedules on the list and the sluggish numbers.

Notes -

• Avoid checking the list in order and check it by random unique numbers -> simply write a script to randomize some numbers from 0-100 and print them in a 5 second fashion, note the digits that are slow.

This only leaves whether to write down the locations or learn to keep them under review so that I won’t have to. For the sake of the initial start, writing the locations down will be done.

I will also test minimized versions of loci to see if I can squeeze in locations without decreasing potential use.

3 Likes

Things were a bit delayed unexpectedly , this provides evidence for me to rework my scheduling a bit.

The initial 100 loci were created on the first day in a surprisingly short amount of total time around (15 minutes). I have then maintained them over the week and attempted to place some images out of the major system but I was getting reluctant with the lettering.
10-19
| /
V
t/d[aiueoyh]{s/z,t/d,n,m,r,l,ch,k/g,ph/f/v,p/b]
I should have definitely used an existing major list or generated one rather than making one from scratch. It is much easier with larger numbers because of the variety and length of words, but when you start having to use words like teas,deed,tan. It honestly feels faster to just make a peg list system. It also seems more compatible with me because I can think of the images dynamically much faster without restraints.

Mid using the major system while it was more sluggish to begin with, the next day (even though I hadn’t generated a lot of images) I was at-least twice as fast. This was for committing the encoding and thinking of the similar words. For larger numbers the major system is definitely more effective than for 2 digit samples.

The obvious issue came to attention -> I may know my 17,18,19 in my journey but I do not have an idea of which is which unless I counted them or dissected the name. This is problematic if I need to store my images very quickly, as I would have to use the major system much more quickly and then wouldn’t really benefit from making images at all. Overall a slower process for now.

This led to 3 very obvious options:

1. I encode the digit as I see it along with the image. Teas (pair of tea bags) can for example have a written 1 and a 0 to indicate 10. I know this works well from previous experiments since it lets you instantly think about the images as you see them
  2. I use a shaper system, which acts kind of like #1 but does so in the reverse order.
  3. I use a link methodology.

Crucial importance of this: In general when you are memorizing things it doesn’t matter how structured the memory is, sequential order is good or often essential for recall. For scientific/mathematical information, the links between things are so much more important that a sequential order doesn’t provide any benefit over a textbook. Hence these 3 are very good considerations. As this is ideally applied to information as well my bias to the methods will be #3. Further justification for #3 is due to theory being visually distributed as well, for example in mathematics you can generally recognize a visual representation for theory.

In order to gain the benefits of memory, the memory palace can still be effectively integrated ~ some experimentation on this is underway but the most obvious and likely least useful method would be to structure the memory palace itself. Definitely doable as I am making my own memory palaces but it would restrict the speed a little as it isn’t as free.

The current simplest way for further finishing my list would be to simply anki along the things I need to remember but for the sake of experimenting I will do it in a mnemonic compatible way.

Overall my first priority will be reworking on my scheduling a bit so that I can stay rather more consistent in the limited time I have. Following this I will revise a better link methodology after testing the common cases e.g new version of memory palace -> link palace, theoretic imagery to information, super peg chains (a way to link imagery and maintain abstract meaning).

The obvious consideration will be the stimuli, it is kind of easy to dissect how I have to make this work based on the task. In the case of memorizing numbers, quite simply the cue is the visual sight of the numbers. Whatever I do there must be a mnemonic way to perceive this cue to apply mnemonic techniques. Essentially though for the sake of more advanced techniques, I will attempt to ensure the processing of the images is more memorable than just calling the number 102 a boat on a rock. The fundamental tools for this are sound,sight,color and movement(be it size or magnitude and direction).

As for the minimized versions of the loci, this worked well when the space I was in was furnished as there was a lot of variations. A visualized beach is kind of too similar to serve as more than 3 loci if you include the split to the sea. On the other hand my 1 loci knight room instantly turned into a 20 loci room with some minimizing.

1 Like

I went a little crazy on the testing and my notes alone are over 10 pages but I will post a broad summary of some changes to keep the post clear.

After a lot of trailing and error I have come to the consideration of using my custom morph system. My morph system a little which is similar to the shaper system but instead you mentally convert the text/numbers you are seeing into images even if you need to distort them. The reason for this change is because there is no training time in using a system which takes the cue as the input data to produce an image. The shaper system is also equally compatible. The reason for me choosing the morph system over the shaper system in tests was as follows :

• It takes me less time to make images as I don’t have to think of suiting images but instead morph the text to be suiting to any image.
  • My tests showed that if I encoded 4 digit numbers in real time with the morph system I didn’t lose track of numbers. If I do the same with the shaper system because the shape of the image in the moment isn’t precise enough (at-least for 4-5 digits) I lose digits in real time. It seems with the morph system the detail from the encoding of all digits as one is retained.
  • It retains the same benefit of requiring less training to be instantaneous as the shaper system.

Alongside this I also tested :

1. Normal shaper

2. Encoding the writing of digits on other images with memory palace
    (more memorable than expected but not significant).

3. Placing morphed images in a memory palace
    (seemed less effective for speed but was good for general storage)

4. Morphing shaper images rather than the digits.
    (Strangely there wasn’t any confusion of using the shaper morphed images first and it improved recall but not significantly)

5. Normal Morph
    ( had higher recall than initial shaper but was 0.1 seconds slower per digit)

6. Link method+sharper
    ( took 8-9x the time of normal shaper but had perfect recall besides 1 error)

7. Link method+morph
    (took 8-9x the time of normal morph but had perfect recall)

8. Normal sub-vocalization.
    (Didn’t do well up to 20 digits but was 2.5 times faster than shaper).

9. Spatial system
    (It felt strange but was unique and okay effective took 2x the time of the shaper system)

10. Spatial link system
    ( took 3x the time of the spatial system without it)

11. Combined spatial and shaper system
    (while slower than the spatial system 1.5x, interestingly with the first time using mnemonics I was aware of the quantity of each digit in the sequence, even if I did not remember their order so well )

12. sound system
    ( interestingly took 0.06 seconds more than the shaper system and was less flexible)

13. Shaper in memory palace
    (took around 3x normal shaper, recall was perfect but notably speed and recall was faster if the digits were closer to assume a chunk than if spread out across the loci).

I applied all of these on 1 digit systems. My rules did not permit me to use chunks. So I was evoking the recall of 1 image and then moving to the next. I realized quite a lot of things in doing this and I have the exact data as well but it would make my post overly long.

Firstly a spatial system as I defined it is essentially similar to a PAO system but it only encodes the act of movement. I was kind of curious as I knew the brain region for this was heftily involved in memory.
When I did not combine it with the image I used a random image to produce the movements, in my case I simply visualized a blade and random persons swinging it in shape per digit. As it was overly unique of an experience ( it clearly felt different and had a hint of some more things to discover ), I decided to further test on spatial things in the future.

The sound system encoded a shorter sound per digit that I was not used to using. It was slower than the sharper system which is a good indication that the sharper system is fast enough out of the box. Regardless it was very obvious that where I was losing all the time was not in recalling the digit but moving onto the next digit after recalling the previous one. There was some kind of refractory period even if I clearly knew which image was next. This also applied to all systems but was pruned on the spatial systems.

I got to a number of conclusions :

• simple solution 1: learn chunks

• simple solution 2: parallel encode

Firstly these methods would obviously work. By learning chunks you would learn how to quickly place digits after the others. The downside to this is that it takes a long time to cover all possible chunks, far more than making another 5 digit system when you get to a 3 digit one.
Parallel encoding would naturally be encoding multiple digits at a time so it would have more chunks in a single go. The downside was that this itself required training and wasn’t exempt after hitting the adequate chunks, in the end it would also suffer from fighting peripheral vision. Also, most of all, memory champions who train a lot likely do not use these 2 principles but still get their time down significantly.

As a result of this I considered really what other possibilities there were. Theoretically ‘having a stronger connection’, ‘more efficient synapse (neural circuit I actually mean by this but everyone knows it as a synapse)’, while it makes sense is kind of on the wrong point. What I was facing was a refractory period which either of these isn’t expected to help much with, and for a synapse learning a chunk would naturally be effective. I thought there should be another thing that can be done besides having a upgraded synapse, cross activation’s and ‘stronger connection’. The shaper system essentially has a very strong connection to the digit because it is self contained, the connection should be efficient. When I considered this it really hit me though, what I was essentially doing was evoking 1 image, stopping it and then starting the next. It’s a very logical thing we don’t usually overlap images when evoking 1 at a time but I realized 2 things here:

1. I was artificially waiting for the first image to fade before I started integrating the next image.
  2. When I tested the spatial system It felt very different because I was not really waiting for anything to fade. This point is really logical because we can draw on paper we don’t have to wait until a line is drawn and say okay before we draw the next one. More so we don’t have to do this for every mark the pen makes on the paper.

Considering those 2 things I realized some precise ways I can reduce the time otherwise.

• Increase the speed at which I clear the image
  • Place or activate an image in a way that I could equally so and easily so activate a second or third so I don’t have to wait for it to end.

To my surprise or perhaps as expected, increasing the speed at which i clear the image led to increased encoding speed and reduced time per digit proportionately to how quickly I can clear the image. Even more surprisingly when I started the process of converting images to numbers while staring at the numbers in a spatial field like visualizing the images on the screen as I encode them with my eyes open in mini version. My encoding speed essentially skyrocketed to some competitive levels. Even using a memory palace in this way was much faster. This is also for 1 digit precisely to make testing more effective. The results would be at-least 3x faster with a 3 digit system, but I could definitely encode the digits doing this faster than I could read them.

I will plan to do some speed reality checks when I extend my system, for now the 101 image morph system is complete, for digits 0-100.

Essentially I have indirectly solved the issue of fast chaining, which I will verify when I fully complete few systems. I believe it is more effective to a separate post on updated goals so I will do so shortly.

Since I have validated my decision on the system I will use I will now also apply spaced repetition as appropriate (I reintroduce anki here). With the memory capabilities of shaper and morph systems, I will likely be able to work in batches of 100 digits comfortably.

Further tests will include a structured memory palace for information but this will be post the next goals (I hope).

2 Likes

Update on Goals:
Reintroducing Anki

Micro-schedule all tasks
Make 900 more loci
Make 100 structured loci
Extend the Morph system to 1000 digits
Make a PAO system perhaps for cards
Make a radical system (Kanji)
(Solved) solution to the issue with fast chaining

1 Like

Thank you for experimenting with the shaper system. It’s nice to see you are testing it with some interesting results.

It’ll be interesting to see your progress. I look forward to it.

As a side note;
The shaper system has two added moves to it. I will explain the first one here.

The Clue-Shape Method.
When I want to memorise the digits 3 at a time, I use the clue-shape method.
As it may already indicate, a 2 digit object would have a 1 digit clue attached to it to form a 3 digit number.

0 = Egg
Clue = Egg yolk running down the next object.

Exmp;
009 = 0 09

Here we have a boxing glove with egg yolk running down from it.
0 has the action of cracking an egg onto the next object.

So any object that has sticky yellow egg-yolk running down from it, then it is a clue that the first number was 0.

With the clue-shape method, each digit from 0-9 has its own clue effect.
0 is an Egg, but it’s clue is it’s Runny-Yolk.

So this I use on all my 00-99 shapes digits if and when I want to memorise either 3 digits at a time or 5 digits at a time.

I could make a full post about the clue-shape method, but I don’t want to make this a long one. Just wanted to add a small side info to your experiments.

I look forward to reading your next post.

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware that the shaper method had two added moves to it. This is indeed interesting and helpful.
I am and have been experimenting a little more on the line of including other things while I have been developing my systems.

I found that the shaper system had a very fundamental and unique quality even in different forms. The time it took to learn the image was generally more or less zero. If you also did the reverse of using the shaper system and had an exact ‘replica’ of the information you are storing on an image perhaps in writing, the time to recall it was also zero.

Similarly with foreign language characters, when you remember them without first tracing the characters, your memory is non-detailed and inflexible. If you apply a shaper system on the characters and represent them with an image in your palace, it gives you the detail and flexibility you would normally spend a long time writing for.

I definitely see a lot of extensions and applications. It may even be logical to eventually have a shaper skill building system, where the images naturally construct themselves to form the solution of an operation between them. Of course something like this needs more careful overall consideration and testing, but I will definitely do it as I get through some tasks.

Another interesting thing which I am not sure if anyone has considered particularly is because the shaper system takes pretty much no time to learn, It seems entirely doable to have either a computer generation or a group effort to make much larger applications. That is, if anyone makes a shaper system, someone else can use and learn it relatively quickly if they see it.

1 Like

Update on Goals:
Anki reintroduced

Micro-schedule all tasks will attempt method of loci to do this instead of my normal methods. Interestingly the fact that the method of loci has such a sequential structure in its standard application is invaluable for something like this.
Make 900 more loci currently more than half done 520 loci.
Make 100 structured loci need to find the perfect interlinked information source to start this (I appreciate any suggestions)
Extend the Morph system to 1000 digits should be done by next week if I work hard with the time I have.

Make a PAO system perhaps for cards I have started on this ‘some changes’
My PAO system has morphed into a PAIOC system:
Person-Action-Integration(with loci)-Object-Color(for cards). System -also applied to cards for testing, yes I got a little carried away.

As for how I am using colors for clarity :

pink for heart
purple for spades
blue for diamond
orange for club

Should allow me to encode 9 cards at once in theory, but things don’t always go so well, will test once I complete my loci and numbers.

Make a radical system (Kanji) This task is surprisingly straight forward with shaper system, I am 90% done. I feel the need to highlight, I didn’t expect it to be this straightforward.

(complete) solution to the issue with fast chaining (testing after number systems are complete)

Well I found too much to list once again but to highlight some things, I got some new ideas particularly on tests. The reason I am integrating an updated PAO is simply because I am planning to see whether ‘forcing’ the most memorable actions in a loci leads to any differences. Colors particularly were just to add some breadth. I will make a separate post on a new system which serves more integrative use than as stand-alone.

After I complete some of my current tasks besides some practical applications I will start on:

• calculations
  • rote training
  • words and sentences
  • more rigid testing
  • simultaneous encoding
  • other parallel methods
  • seeing how I can improve thinking in images

I am also considering listing my images for different systems though they seem less useful besides my shaper images. I might also start being a little more organized by the end of the week.

This is because I’ve not properly disclosed the whole thing yet apart from the images that represents the number digits from 00-99.
I have mentioned the first move and how it works in my very first introduction post to this method. But I am keeping the second move as a little secret to myself at the moment I still have to investigate to see if anyone else is using it and if the move has already been released. If these two moves are not used by anyone, then It should be a game changer as the system can be used to memorise up to 10 digits using Person & Object only.

That was the initial aim. I wanted to improve my speed, and my struggle was image recognition. So improving the peg system to 00-99 with number shapes, my speed in number/image recognition doubled and tripled. I don’t think what 00 is or was anymore, it’s there, it’s an Egg being cracked open with a cracking sound, sticky thick yellow yolks are stuck onto the next object, runny yolk is dripping off and it’s so messy. The egg Creates The Action for the Person to apply. The egg also has an effect on the next object because of the cause of the action.The Shape-Object/Image creates so many variations, which in fact creates the Shaper system in action.

Great thinking. Your statement is what this system is all about. And I already have a method in place to build this skill. I have not made many posts about this yet, because this system is still in the process of being tested and yet to prove itself.

The initial images are already created from 00-99. So almost anyone can learn it in a day.
The full version of the system is now being tested by a person from Turkey who had decided that the shaper system was for him because he could recognize the numbers with the images very easily. And got in touch me on this forum to train him with the full version from the ground up. So at the moment I am in fact solely training this person with the shaper system, and of course with the two added moves. So far he is absolutely loving it. The training is also so much fun which also is another thing that makes the preparation much easier. I will make a full post about this on the forum after the training is over along with his performance results.

2 Likes

I can’t say it any better really, having applied the shaper system it just absolutely makes the recall speed/recognition peak. It’s leading me to attempt the construction of a word based shaper system to encode words in the same way. The first added move really provides some ideas for making this work. I also really think that the effect the shaper system has is perhaps how a lot of techniques should be constructed. We often talk about the efficiency of using memory palaces along with understanding things and perhaps this kind of effect is just the thing that is needed to bolster performance.

I will be very interested in seeing the full post.

1 Like

Micro-schedule all tasks (incomplete)
(complete) Make 900 more loci
Make 100 structured loci (incomplete)
(complete) Extend the Morph system to 1000 digits
(complete) Make a PAO system perhaps for cards
(complete) Make a radical system (Kanji)
(complete) solution to the issue with fast chaining
Large experiment on properties to optimise memory techniques (fun)

I have mainly been working on getting things complete for the past week both with the training journal and other tasks that have piled up. I have noticed mainly that:

• The ability to construct images with the shaper system or morph system tremendously improves as you keep making/recognising images.
  • When you start integrating more senses into your memory palaces you can recall the memory palace through those other senses making them more memorable.
  • You get better at the above very quickly after you do it.
  • You tend to get lazy when you look at a task as a large block rather than smaller split up blocks. This means when you construct schedules with the memory palace which are complicated, you get lazy in constructing them for this purpose. Interestingly, it is easier when you only focus on one of these blocks at a time not being considerate of the others.
  • You can generate the loci of your memory palace into your eyesight. Sounds a bit odd to say but this lets you actually traverse and construct loci much faster. A simpler way to understand this is if you would close your eyes doing this you would see your loci in black/red depending on the lighting of your environment.

Since I will actually be more busy from this time onward I thought I would update more systematically.
To start with my new goals for now will be :

Test all constructed systems.
Learn simultaneous encoding
Construct a weekly and invariant micro-schedule
Make 100 structured loci
Increase calculation speed [be it soroban or not]
Revisit mind maps
Large experiment on properties to optimise memory techniques (fun)

1 Like

My week has been rather increasingly busy so the full update will be split up to next week.

I have managed, constructing my schedule for the coming weeks but its going to vary till the end of the month when there shouldn’t be any major changes to what I have to do in due time.
I have also played around with some calculating and testing which I will put a full update to next week.

As for mind maps which I have completely revisited. They do seem very structurally appealing. Having mind maps can force you to find associations between things which you may not initially and for the sake of planning it is rather productive. I do find it rather time consuming even with premium software over standard learning procedures so I will likely avoid using it further. Since it seems very compatible with a memory palace it is viable to make a mind map through mnemonics. This however is very much an overlap between my 100 structured loci which I still require an ideal source of information for.

(complete) R̶e̶v̶i̶s̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶p̶s̶

1 Like

Though my weeks are getting a lot busier with writing up my thesis and work-related tasks, I got quite a bit done this week.

For starters I have pretty much used mind-maps particularly with software like XMind to make diagrams I find these work best for planning. Having a visual diagram of all the relationships and links can really work wonders as a display of information, other than this it is too time consuming to be practical (I find). There may be ways around this combining it with memory techniques but I will keep that as a side experiment for when I start integrating text.

I have spent a while calculating and improving my skills in this regard, I noticed that particularly incorporating a visual form of ‘moving’ forces me to calculate much quicker. E.g. if I try to work out something like 319 * 123 in an instant, regardless of me attempting to do this in an instant it usually starts out sluggish. On the other hand, when I ‘force the movement’ of the two numbers together my brain tries much harder to calculate the number instantly, I see a number within 10 seconds: 39237. It also stops me from using my usual right to left calculation method and simply works it out the normal way, I am not even quite sure why it just works it out like this but a good way to explain this is with addition. Using this movement approach, I can add the same number to itself very quickly ~ 0.2 seconds per number. I have only really tested this with 2 and 3 digits but the reason I am highlighting this is because normally I would have expected this to only occur if I already know the answer of the addition, which albeit when I attempted this I did not but somehow managed to accurately see all the sums flashing and updating in my head rather than doing 8 * 23+314 etc. When I do not apply the movement approach my speed is pretty much the same as it was beforehand, perhaps a little better since I have warmed up a bit. To explain what I mean by the movement approach. I would see the number, say 23 and 94 then I would move one of them onto the other so they overlap (in my head) and Instead of seeing the overlap I just see the answer. For multiplication I move the number diagonally onto it and for addition I move them from top down or in a curve fashion. Nor sure if anyone experiences this so I thought I should mention it. I also have separately used an abacus but I still am slower with the abacus than otherwise.

My planning has made a little revolution I have found a way to dynamically plan my day while also keeping it more efficient than a micro schedule with the aid of spaced repetition. I would call this a spaced repetition schedule that includes the entire day really, but I am still playing around with it, so far it has been extremely effective.

Simultaneous encoding has been very interesting, I find myself doing it as a kind of screen parsing. If anyone is bilingual this is easy to understand, you instantly translate into another language. My simultaneous encoding approach has sort of turned into that for images a few places along, arguably the retention of doing this is not much higher than normally reading though it is still a bit higher especially when combined with normal reading. The images are micro-sized to fit pretty much onto the text for a scale, which makes them easy to use. Placing them dynamically in a memory palace will take more work but I believe this provides the best gain. It is also possible doing this to encode multiple lines at once since there isn’t so much a processing of order as there are images. When I have tried doing this for numbers, I have felt as though I was cheating a bit because in theory it can be seen as encoding in chunks rather than truly simultaneously , this may be because of my 3 digit system, perhaps when I encode more than 2-3 digits at a time, it would start seeing its true potency. On the other hand, encoding as chunks inside a memory palace is strangely more memorable than placing the objects separately, or even than having less objects.

Long awaited testing of my systems for speed. My time for cards (without errors if lucky) is around: 1 minute, the addition of colours to the system has indeed made it difficult to keep track of, but I feel as though it will be more potent when I master it, so I will keep going with it a bit longer. The positive is that most of my time is spent on that odd one or two set of cards. In particular I found it surprising that you could easily avoid using the object/person 2nd or 3rd if you wanted to.
My time for numbers was a little more difficult to play around with. I wasn’t entirely sure how many numbers to go for so I stuck to my time for around 100 numbers which was: 2 minutes and 54 seconds. Nearing a number every 2 seconds which feels bad given it is more flexible than my PAIOC system. my recall was on point though. I can definitely beat this a few times over but that will be after some practising and further application. With more numbers, specific training seems harder to adjust. When I work on spatially encoding the numbers on a single frame my speed should increase much more, which is as planned I suppose. Looking at the facts of PAO on the other-hand there may be a benefit to using multiple senses to encode things speed wise. I felt I was working very slowly on my PAO alike system due to hitting a lot of sluggish points yet the time didn’t seem to be ticking as quickly since I am encoding 4 cards at a time. Regardless I will continue with these for a while and get the slower cards/numbers up to speed.

Update—

(Radical left, and some training pre testing and training adjustments)Test all constructed systems
(working but continuing) Learn simultaneous encoding
(new alternative to test) Construct a weekly and invariant micro-schedule
(target found) Make 100 structured loci
(completed, next iteration and extension) Increase calculation speed [be it soroban or not]
(completed) Revisit mind maps
Large experiment on properties to optimise memory techniques
(fun)

New

Since my weeks seem to be getting busier and busier, I will focus more on core things.
As such my new goals will be:

1. Simultaneous encoding (memory palace, processing, placing, moving) increase working memory limits for these.

2. Increase calculation speed a lot more and focus on division and subtraction – including the solution of the whole movement fiasco.

3. Work through some more advanced logic books I have.

4. Apply the radical system to kanji characters

5. Integrate new schedule methodology

6. Apply 100 structured loci to the periodic table and properties of elements (have been keeping this off long enough).

7. Apply a sharper constructions system. I have really been wanting to test this for the longest time, I wonder what happens when you are constructively making something that can be analytically reduced as a means of skill. I am debating on whether to do something like this for a set of mathematical operations or whether to do this for programming. I will likely test around on any vague aspects of this so I can cover it completely.

8. Large experiment on properties to optimise memory techniques (fun), I am highly suspicious that there is something to the spatial and linking components of memory techniques which I can enhance and use more effectively.

9. The art of words~ Debating on how exactly I will do this but I will definitely go all out on this one, might be best to do it with Japanese or Chinese rather than English though. Or perhaps construct a new language out of images by translating words into images completely and picking custom grammar

10. Complete any left over.

I feel as though despite being busier I have increased my weekly load so I will attempt to update every 2-5 weeks instead of 1 week unless I find the time.
Edit : My next update in particular may be a little late as I have a lot to do.

2 Likes