My Introduction

Hello, my name is Elijah. I am a 20 year old undergraduate and I am studying Computer Sciences. I like watching movies and learning languages.

My first introduction to memory techniques was “Moonwalking with Einstein”. As I was reading it, I felt powerless. It was a skill set completely unknown to me. Since then, it has been 3 months and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about what I was missing.

The most interesting concept to me was the Memory Palace, and how you could store information in one and access it whenever you wanted, never worrying about it going away. I have read of people that have memorized entire books, which they could go back and read from anytime they wished. It’s a mouthwatering idea for me.
So for these last 2 months I have been practising using memory palaces(mostly just houses of my friends and relatives) to store as much information as I could, following any advice I could find.

My main problem is that I feel like I’m just swimming around, randomly in open seas and not knowing where I’m going. I am not that into mental olympics but I would give anything to perfect this device for storing any amount of information from different subjects. I need guidance so if anyone can link me to any material that I could use to coach myself I would be glad. Also if you have information you could personally share with me I would be more than happy to chat.
Thanks

2 Likes

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

If you haven’t seen it yet there is a how to learn memory techniques page with a free ebook, memory training tools, and other resources.

2 Likes