Mental Calculation world champion Neelakantha Bhanu Prakash in CNN

In his competition debut, Bhanu beat 29 opponents from 13 countries to take the gold – his speed so extraordinary that judges made him jump through extra hoops and solve more calculations to confirm his accuracy.

Just don’t call him a prodigy.

“Definitely not, because I find the word ‘prodigy’ a little troubling as it just doesn’t capture the efforts and experience, it’s just a state that’s obtained out of nowhere,” Bhanu says, stressing that his extraordinary mathematical ability didn’t come easily.

2 Likes

Interesting!

In my knowledge, the only person who calls Bhanu as the world’s fastest human calculator is himself, because his scores are nowhere near world class. I am also amused that CNN reports this as the competition debut, when he has participated in the physical mental calculation world cup at least 6 years ago and again later!

Anyway, i give 10/10 points for marketing and publicity of the sport!

3 Likes

Моят син Калоян Гешев току що реши задачата от статията на СНН за 18 сек.На МSO беше 7 и е на 9 год.

My son Kaloyan Geshev has just solved the problem from the CHN article in 18 seconds. He was 7 at the MSO and is 9 years old.

1 Like

Bhanu’s calculation (3digit × 1 digit = almost 2.5 sec)

Chinese & japanese kids calculation (first question - 5 digit × 5 digit = almost 5 to 6 sec and only kids)

I am also indian but sorry for this , i am in the side of bateman (he nowhere in the world calculation level)

I think bhanu have to improve more (not think like i am the best in the world, think like i have to improve more and more . I think this is the right strategy to improve , I also applied this strategy to me .)

And one thing if he started to train mathematics to indians , why he doesn’t teach in youtube videos. Only showing off his Memory powers in all of his video)

*Sorry but i also hate ajit bharti because he only showing his Memory in all of his video , almost 1 hours .:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

I have literally been faster than that and I don’t even use any calculation techniques.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, OP. I think I will watch it right now.

1 Like