Memory Routine

Hallo !!! What is your daily routines of memorization ? How many hours do you give for practising ? What’s an ideal routine should be ??

3 Likes

That highly depends on what you’d like to achieve. If you’d like to use memory techniques for work/study, even 15 minutes a day of training can be enough to see some good results (which is what I did in the beginning). For memory competitions you’ll probably want to put in some more work to get faster, but it’s really up to. I don’t think there’s an ideal routine that fits everyone; not all people memorize in the same way.

8 Likes

I dedicate myself entirely to memorization! I wake up thinking about improving my techniques, I sleep until sometimes I end up dreaming about my images :joy:
Over three years ago, I fell in love with this world of memorization through the book How to Have a Super Powerful Memory of Harry Lorayne, which I bought while looking for a book on conspiracy theory, but fortunately found no book on conspiracy theory. So I ended up buying Harry Lorayne’s memorization book because of the title that caught my eye. Lorayne was the starting point for many other memorization books.

8 Likes

i review the second I feel I am losing some, review and use what Iam trying to remember till I dont need to anymore.

5 Likes

Can anyone tell the routine of world rankers ??

How high do you need to rank for that? Top 10, Top 100, Top 1,000… or just be ranked by any of the organizations (i.e., competed before)… or been to a World Championship?

Hmm… Let’s talk about top 10 in the world memory championship, both WMSC as well as IAM…

Then better go to memory league to ask them in real person, EG ALEX MULLEN if it is within top 10
:crazy_face:

Mullen talks about his strategies in his blog. See this, for example.

In a day, for how many hours can the mind tolerate this type of concentrated exercises ?? I am talking about normal cases…

If you want to get serious about training, you may need to start thinking in terms of deliberate practice.

In this case, a period of 4 to 5 hours seems to be the maximum:

Our review of other research (Ericsson, Krampe, & Tesch-Romer, 1993) showed that the limit of 4 to 5 hours of daily deliberate practice or similarly demanding activities held true for a wide range of elite performers in different domains, such as writing by famous authors (Cowley, 1959; Plimpton, 1977), as did their increased tendency to take recuperative naps. Furthermore, unless the daily levels of practice were restricted, such that subsequent rest and nighttime sleep allowed the individual to restore their equilibrium, individuals would encounter overtraining injuries, and eventually, incapacitating “burnout.”

1 Like