Memory register - Mental pages - Using method of loci with daughter

This is my semi-annual crop-up out of nowhere.

I have a practical problem: linking all memories. My own personal vision is to develop a notebook mind, where the things I learn I can “write” in my own mind through techniques discussed here. That means having some kind of organizing factor.

So, my thought is to have some kind of string of memorized items by which you systematically attach things. It might be a string of memory palaces, it might be a set of pre-memorized digits complete with characters.

For example, perhaps I might have a string of 100 memory palaces. These must be known forward and backward. But I can systematically attach new subjects or new bits of knowledge to them.

For example, the first one might be all things biological. The second, all things astronomical. The third, mathematics. The fourth, whatever.

Or, perhaps a string of digits (say, 1000 digits of pi), which if you use PAO has 167 main characters. Without dividing things in to subjects, just attach new memorized things to each character. For example, the first character is one poem, the second character in the PAO has another poem, the third perhaps a string of vocab. But that doesn’t seem ideal for when you have a really long list of things you want to memorize. But perhaps it’s good to break up a list of vocab into chunks anyway (say, 50 per loci).

I hope the concept makes sense. In the same way we write things down in a single notebook, I need something I can always go back to, in order to retrieve memorized things, and something to attach them to, which is what I call a register; so that as I go down the mental register, I remember the things I want to learn.

I’m not sure what the best thing is to do.

Now my daughter, I tried the method of loci with her. She has a collection of short, chubby versions of the Disney princesses. I played a game with her when I would set each princess in a random location around the room, have her look real quick, have her leave the room, and then she would tell me where each one was. At five years old she was able to do six. No need for her to spend a minute or two observing after watching me place them. She did quite well.