Memory palace : Assassin’s Creed momentarily free [expired]

Hello, for those of you who are using the method of loci and are in need of new content you can download for free Assassin’s Creed Unity till april 25 (because of what happened to Notre-Dame).
It’s only for pc, on Ubisoft website :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What does Assassin’s Creed have to do with memory palaces? Apologies for being ignorant.

1 Like

Whilst I am far too old to want to play anything with energetic young Master Assassins prancing around, leaping off tall buildings and generally performing feats of physical fitness that would leave me exhausted just watching, my Eldest is a fan (despite being 30 now himself) and he has shown me various bits of various AC games on his phone and I must admit the graphics are stunningly realistic and I could well imagine perhaps younger people would be able to use the interiors and exteriors shown in the game as Memory Palaces/Journeys.

Every Assassins creed game so far has been extremely detailed and extensive. It also is an open world with linear sections (generally obstacle courses that require you to move from A to B following a set path) and a semi-linear story. All of which lend themselves greatly for memory palaces.

Aside from that, every game is a mixture of real life history (which is almost all the time perfectly done) and local mythology. So not only do you get to build palaces or peg lists, you also get to fill them with information on historical architecture, events, art and people.

3 Likes

You get two choices depending on whether you are in the UK or US.

I’m in the UK. It will cost me £49-99
https://store.ubi.com/uk/tom-clancy-s-ghost-recon-breakpoint/5cc81f5f6b54a4cd3c0e9cfd.html

The US would cost me $29-99

https://store.ubi.com/us/assassins-creed-unity/575ffdb7a3be1633568b4ed8.html

BTW: I don’t think these are “plugs”. If someone says it’s free, and I say otherwise, then I suggest that the OP is a “plug”.

Thanks.

They were free up to april 25th. The post is a few months old :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was wondering if anyone else would notice that :grinning:

:confounded: you had me at

2 Likes

I’ve just added the word “expired” to the title so that people can see that it’s outdated when the post title appears in a list.

3 Likes

That’s a lot of reasons to check the game out. Thanks!

I have just checked out some screenshots of AC on Youtube , the level of detail is frankly gob-smacking and I say that as someone who truly believes that Jet Set Willy was the last ever computer game worth playing!

NB before anyone flags up this comment as obscene, Jet Set Willy had nothing to do with male genitalia , that’s just your dirty minds! It was a micro-computer game back in the 80s…the 1880s…

1 Like