Memory League Italian Names

We received a request to improve the Italian name list on Memory League because there are a large number of non-Italian, archaic, and mythological names.

If you’ve used the Italian names, what do you think of the list?

I can’t say anything about the Italian names as I only use the English or international ones, but if one wants all matches to be fair, is the best way to a) make sure that all available languages have similar amount of names + they actually belong to the “country” in question + there’s the same amount of “mutations” (I believe that the amount of names was once increased by creating new ones based on existing ones and changing one letter or so?),… or b) make everyone use the international names?

It feels like a) might become a strain on you guys…

We decided a while ago that international names would be the standard for championships. Some championships recently (Japan, Egypt) have used local languages for Names, with the understanding that those scores don’t count towards official records.

I would also like to see international names used for the next season of the Online Memory League Championship, but perhaps that’s something we can discuss before the season starts.

No, that didn’t happen!

My bad, I must have dreamt it :slight_smile:

2 Likes