Memory Craft by Lynne Kelly

It sounds like a very interesting - and useful - book, Lynne. I’ve just ordered a copy from the Book Depository (for despatch to the UK) and look forward to reading it.

Hope it sells well!

James

2 Likes

just got ur first book on amazon gonna read it before this one. cant wait to open it!

1 Like

Thank you James. It is into reprint within a week, so it is selling really well. Thank you for your contribution to that! I do hope that you enjoy it.

5 Likes

Hi MemberBerries,

The two don’t have to be read in order. They are independent, but I am delighted that you are going to read The Memory Code.

I do hope that it lives up to expectations!

Lynne

3 Likes

Hi Lynne,

By “North American edition”, do you mean that the book will be different? Or just a different publisher? If different, can you say what the differences will be?

Thanks!

Hi Magicspeller,

The book contents won’t be different at all. You’ll possibly even get British spelling as we use in Australia. But Pegasus Books usually change the cover.

I just checked on Amazon.com, and there is a cover! So new cover and hardback, while the Australian one is soft cover:

Lynne

Thank you, Lynne.

No problem with British spelling; I grew up in Canada, so either way is fine. :wink:

Hi Lynne,

today I got a refund from Book Depository for this book, without notice why.

I ordered it on June 11. Is it out of print or not avaiable for my country?

I live in germany.

Thanks for any answer.

Hi,

Same here. I got a refund from the Book Depository without explanation. I sent an email to them but no reply yet.

My address is in the US.

Best,
Jim

I’m in the US and ordered Memory Craft from Book Depository on May 19. Their website says it was dispatched from Australia on June 6, but doesn’t provide any additional information. Hopefully the book will arrive soon and they’re not going to pull a refund out of thin air at the last minute. Once I know more, I’ll post an update. :crossed_fingers:

The Book Depository sent me a list of questions today about my order. I did contact their support staff and change my delivery address immediately after I ordered so that could be some of the problem. However, their support staff responded that it was fine to change the delivery address in that manner and that there was no need for me to cancel and reorder with the new address. We’ll see.

I have asked my publisher what is happening with Book Depository. Seems the sales have exceeded all expectations. They have rapidly reprinted but Book Depository seems to have decided that even their next order won’t cover orders in the system, or something like that hence the emails you are getting. I am assured they will have stock by the end of the week.

Even the Australian sites and many bookshops sold out, but they are starting to get stock again. I should be delighted by the sales but I am actually disappointed that this has happened.

I also wish the North American edition and digital book would be available earlier, but there is nothing I can do about that.

Tomorrow I go to the recording studio to work with the actress who is doing the audio version.

I will never understand the publishing industry. I’ll stick to memory fun.

Lynne

5 Likes

P.S. hopefully the interest in the book will turn lots more people to the memory games!

4 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

The Book Depository told me that I could re-order but it is very likely that the order will be cancelled again because the book is not in stock. I live in Bangkok. There are several English language book stores in town but none have Memory Craft as of yet. Hopefully, they will distribute it here before the do in the US.

Hi Jim,

I am told Book Depository will have stock again tomorrow. Mind you, I get told lots of things, only some of which happen. But I am reliably told the new print run is in the warehouse.

I don’t know what is happening yet with regions other than Australia/ New Zealand and North America. It will happen. I just don’t know when. Sorry!

2 Likes

Mine was cancelled and refunded by Book Depository too. Fortunately a local store in NZ has it in stock, so I should have it by the end of the week. Should’ve gone local first eh!

2 Likes

Hi Lynne,

Thank you for the info. I will try them again. It’s not much effort to re-order with the Book Depository. The worst that can happen is that they cancel my order again.

Congratulations on the apparently very brisk sales of the book! I am looking forward to reading it.

1 Like

I’ve just had an email from the Book Depository stating that my copy was sent this morning (from Australia). As I’m in the UK, it’s expected to take 8-12 days.

Looking forward to reading it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got an e-mail from Book Depository on June 13 saying that Memory Craft is on its way :slight_smile: According to the e-mail it should arrive within 10-14 days here in Switzerland.

1 Like