Memorizing a large list with overlapping entities

Hi everybody,

I just started seriously using memory techniques for my work. I’m a programmer and have found out it would benefit me greatly to memorize my area of the responsibility in the code. My plan is to use the loci method.

The details doesn’t matter so I will just give an example of what I try to memorize.

So I have these objects that have certain properties. These properties do overlap between the objects, some objects have unique properties. There are around 45 objects in total. Example:

AbleTable

• ?blControl
  • label
    Array
  • ?blControl
  • label

My translations
AbleTable = Table with apples on it
?blControl = a business man controlling a drone (bl stands for business logic) standing on question mark
label = a label machine
Array = a stingray

I can then think of three strategies.

1. Have specific rooms for each object. So AbleTable goes to the kitchen, Array goes to the bathroom. The problem is that this is quite difficult to ochestrate and might also waste a good journey as not all locis are filled.

2. Create a journey that arranges the objects so that if a label machine comes after a stingray then it’s array.label

Location 1 : Table with apples on it
Location 2 : a business man controlling a drone (bl stands for business logic) standing on question mark
Location 3 : a label machine
Location 4 : a stingray
Location 5 : a business man controlling a drone (bl stands for business logic) standing on
Location 6 : a label machine

1. Envolve the translations so that the object becomes part of the property translation:
    Location 1: a business man standing on a table with apples controlling a drone while a question mark hovers above him
    Location 2: a label machine sitting on a table with apples on it.
    Location 3: a stingray in a suit controlling a drone while a question mark hovers above
    Location 4: a stingray writing on a label machine.

Do you friends have experience with something similar? Which would be the best strategy or could you propose a different strategy?

Best, Jonas

1 Like