memorising the phobia list

hello!

seems like a serious challenge: http://phobialist.com/
any tips about how to approach it would be great :slight_smile:

Ok, let’s start.
There are just over 500 phobia’s on the list.
You can either learn the list sequentially, or just learn the name of the phobia and the meaning of it.

In the first case you need over 500 loci, then associate the name and the meaning to each loci.
In the latter, you need to associate just the name and the meaning.

All words for each phobia end in ‘ophobia’, so there is no need to learn the ending.

Some are easy:
Aerophobia- Fear of drafts, air swallowing, or airbourne noxious substances.

So we are left with the difficult ones. It obviously helps to know Latin and if you don’t this is just like learning a new language.
Search this forum for examples of how to do this.

thanks!
i think i will learn it like vocabulary with anki. :slight_smile:

This seems interesting. I also made an ANKI deck and intend to learn it both ways using the link method. That is name -> meaning and meaning -> name. If anyone which are not familiar with creating ANKI decks want it you can just PM me and I will make it publicly available.

EDIT: There seems to be some problematic aspects of the list leading to duplicate or almost duplicate cards. However, I think I have managed to correct thus in my deck so just send me a PM if you are interested.

pabergg, it probably makes sense to just share the deck on Anki and link to it on here? It would be out there for people to grab as they please without having to bug you. :slight_smile: