MEMNEON memory game

Hi,

I’m an indie games developer from the UK. My first brain/memory game for iDevices MEMNEON was launched in May is a really fun and innovative brain-buster - average 5* reviews from players and reviewers. Stephen Fry also tweeted about how much he likes it. I would love to get some feedback on the game from people here and discuss memory techniques (I’m now working on a brain-training spin-off project). Unfortunately I have no free download codes left but it’s only £0.69/$0.99 :slight_smile: You can follow us @memneon. Looking forward to meeting you.

Kind regards,

Steve

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

Hello and Welcome. I’ve had a few drinks so I decided I would purchase the game to give it a test run. The patterns hadn’t changed in 5 or 6 levels so I quit. Similar to the Lumosity game with squares but not as much fun. Tutorial seemed well thought out except maybe add another tip.
Try and think of shapes while breaking it up, example. Does this look like a L or maybe a lower case r etc.

Not a very good comment but I didn’t play it long. Good luck with the game and future ideas

Hi,

First, many thanks for buying and trying the game and giving your feedback :slight_smile:

You seem to have missed the point about how it works though. Each game has a unique set of random patterns - ‘memneons’ - made up of 7 dots (‘neons’); and these combine to make a circuit (like neural networks in the brain).

The memneons do repeat across the coloured circuits. But (1) repetition is fundamental to memorisation - ‘neurons that fire together wire together…’ - and (2) the idea is that as you progress, you begin to master the memneons by inputting them more and more quickly (thereby scoring more points). And this is where the game gets really fun - anticipating them before they appear… :wink:

But you also notice the repetition much less at the higher levels as the dots in the memneons pulse (Lev 2, ‘Circuit Breaker’), and then (Lev 3, ‘Circuit Switch’) appear in sequence and switch between circuits. In fact Lev 3 is a real brain-buster - I challenge you or anyone else to complete it!! ;))

Feedback has been very positive so far (see our Twitter page @memneon, and iTunes)… so why not have another go and let me know what you think…?

Kind regards,

Steve

Thanks Josh. Great to be here :slight_smile: And looking forward to meeting others and discussing all things memory. Kind regards, Steve

Hi Steve. Almost ten years ago I played “Memneon” and was the leader then. But time passed, iOS, like the world, changed a lot. The game was abandoned or it seems that it disappeared due to the transition of iOS to 64-bit system. I never have not seen anything like this game in the AppStore. Are you planning to release “Memneon” sequel an equally great game in the era of remakes?