how do i work with the double line sweep attempt togther with recall how do i do the exercise together.
For example read 20 mins practice of double line sweet followed by 5 mins of RECALL attempt on notpad file and then repeat 20mins of attempting the double line sweep exercise in a random book
I can’t write out the whole but do buy one of the original and excellent speed reading works like “Evelyn Woods 7 Day Speed Reading” (title might not be exact.
Then ignore most of it EXCEPT for how to do drills and to do them.
Especially ignore the 7-day part in the title. Do this every day for an hour (at least 4 full drill sets, 6 is better) with recall patterns WRITTEN.
Do pay attention to the progression of "hand patterns’ and USE THEM.
It’s called push up drills or some such and here is the gist:
- Mark START-1 – Ready as fast as you can for one minute. Calculate speed quickly (you have to learn to estimate which is close enough) and DOUBLE your reading passage from START-1 to END-2.
- RECORD your actual “reading speed” +
- Do a 30 second recall pattern – you MUST right something down. Anything. Guess. Write more if you can, one word if you must but you stare at the blank page for 30 seconds straight and come up with something each time.
- “Read” from original START1 to END-2 for one minute (segments 1 & 2)
- ADD to your existing re-call pattern for 30 seconds – same idea, you must add SOMETHING
- Mark a new section as long as the first so you new END-3 is 3 times as long as your original reading speed allowed. ++
- “Read” for 1 minute across passages 1-2-3 (Original Start-1 to End-3)
- Do that damn recall pattern again – by now your brain is lucky to see even a few new things that but IS SUCCESS. You are focing your brain to do something stupid and stupid hard in order for it to get bored enough to figure it out +++
Start again at END-3 and call this START-1b – repeat the entire thing at least 4 times or for an hour whichever is shorter.
- Note: Reading speed is only meaningful on the first segment of each drill set – you literally cannot read twice as fast as that (today) because you purposely made the passage twice as long and then 3 times as long as you could read.
++ Failing to “understand” is not failure – it’s the whole point. You aren’t “reading” on segement 1-2, or 1-2-3, you are LIFTING WEIGHTS for your brain.
+++ Do not let your bored brain con you into optimising out any of the steps. Force to stay with this for weeks.