Loci in image - memorizing verbatim text in Chinese

As I mentioned somewhere else, I had had many attempts in memorizing verbatim texts in Chinese. This week I began again. It is a short text of 107 characters, but it is slightly literary, not spoken, and that makes it a bit more difficult.

1. I created this small loci mansion with 19 locus.
  1. I divided the text in 16 lines, with an average of less than 7 characters per line. Nevertheless some lines were longer and I should have avoided that.
  1. I wrote the first character of every line, and I assigned an alternative character with a similar pronunciation as to make it more memorable. (The word in Spanish is the name of each locus, I assign a name so as to make it easier to memorize the loci).
  1. 吁 corona1 先生
  2. 求 corona2 足
  3. 自frente 字
  4. 凡 ojos 饭
  5. 仰 nariz 很
  6. 或 boca 火
  7. 未 barbilla
  8. 今 mejilla 金
  9. 懷 pelo 壞
  10. 奔 velo
  11. 痛 cuellobroche 痛
  12. 侍 codo
  13. 懇 pañuelo
  14. 萬 mano1 碗
  15. 但 mano2 蛋
  16. 亞 pelo niño 牙
  1. I first memorize the loci. Automatically and unexpectedly I used my own body to memorize the places in the body of the image. It was easier than in other occasions in which I used more complicated paintings and pieces of art.
  1. Then I memorized the alternative character, while pointing at the various parts of my body. This was done in few minutes.
  1. Then I transformed the alternative character into the first one, two or three characters of the real text. The smallest meaningful part.
  1. After that I bit by bit added the rest of the text. In the longer parts (for instance, lines with more than 6 characters) I had to add more alternative characters.
  1. I practice few times until it was completely memorized. The entire process (excluding the creation of the image) took more than 2 hours. I suppose that if I do this more often the time will diminish.
1 Like