Learning sciences with dyslexia

Hi, I’m a very mature student at university level, recently diagnosed with dyslexia, I knew I had in school but wasn’t officially tested till a month ago. Can anyone help me with the best memory techniques for learning physiology please.

2 Likes

Have you seen the how to learn memory techniques page yet?

If you post a few specific examples, people here could help brainstorm ideas on how to approach the material.

I’m not very familiar with dyslexia, but there are some previous discussion here:
https://forum.artofmemory.com/search?q=dyslexia

1 Like

If you think narrowly, you can perceive dyslexia as a curse. But I advise you to take it as a gift. Einstein was a dyslexic, one and many who. You have every chance to show the effectiveness of visual thinking in practice. In order not only to be at the level, but to leave far behind all the students, you only need to learn our methods well. Just study the memory palace method, also use mind maps instead of the usual cospects and it is advisable to also study speed reading methods, because dyslexia is a disorder of the phonetic loop and, to understand the text, you just need to completely abandon its use in this process. Of course, all this program will take a couple of months of training, but it gives you a chance to become a real genius for the rest of your life.

1 Like

Hi, I’m a very mature student at university level, recently diagnosed with dyslexia.

Fellow dyslexic here. I have a few tips.

1. Take the time to learn the Esperanto language on Duolingo. Esperanto is a planned language with 100% phonetic spelling. Learning Esperanto has reduced my English spelling error rate noticeably and my grammar has improved.
  2. While it’s not right for everyone, look into Neurofeedback Therapy (NFT) for dyslexia. It’s expensive, but it has helped a lot of people.