Johannmlmstn From Australia

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are well and staying safe in these crazy times.

I am new and i have a dominic system up to 99 i have been using quite some time now. I really want to expand my skills in memory.

But i am just wondering if someone could give me advice on taking the tests?
Like for example…in remember faces…do u all use a journey all the time? Like every single time u take a test and remember 40 digits in 1 min or whatever…are you doing it with a journey? Or just using a link method with no location? Or another method?

Also,
Any other tips on improving speed?

I’m a bit lost on this site because in the memory training there are trainings u can do but it does not actually tell u how to train for them…its just like testing urself…like for example international names…how do i know what the best strategy is? Just linking it…or actually using a journey? …hope u all get what i mean.

Can someone more experienced please help?
Thank you all so much for your time.

2 Likes

Hi!

It varies what method people use when memorizing the information. Usually for any card, numbers, words, or binary event, people use a memory palace to store the material. For names, most people just use the face to connect an image to. But I know people use a palace to remember the names as well. You have to experiment and see what methods work for you on the specific events. Like for words, I use a palace plus link method because I memorize 2 words per location. I make a little story between the words so I can remember the word order.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks so much for the reply. Ok i guess the best way is to give it a shot and figure out what works for me.
Thanks again. Really appreciate the input :grinning:

2 Likes