Image without prepared loci or pegs

What I do is only look at a small part of every picture and when recalling I know which part of the given picture is familiar and based on that I can put it into the proper place.

I use a 4x4 grid and the first 16 picture parts are memorized as squares off this grid. The next ones as 4 rows, 4 columns and 4 quadrants and the last 2 pictures go into the short term memory.

With this method I was able to get under 1 minute for 30 pictures while with the 2/loci method I needed it way more time.

Is it a known method?

4 Likes

Cool idea! I haven’t heard of that method before. I do use a similar idea in a couple of my alphabet pegs - for “U” (“up”), I only look at the top of the image, and for “Z” (“zoom”), I focus in on a tiny part of the image.

I guess there could be problems with particular images - for example, two images may have sky across the top, and some quadrants may be very similar. But most of the time it should be fine.

Of course, another way to do Images without prepared loci or pegs is just to make a story out of the images. That is possibly the easiest way to get started.

3 Likes

Oh, I have seen your method and I didn’t understood those pegs. Nice to know what they mean. It’s great with your method to have the actions with the pegs ready to go.