If you have limited time to learn something which note technique would you use?

I wonder, If you have limited time to learn something deeply which technique would you use?

2 Likes

I’d use Mind maps.

2 Likes

Your definition of “Limited Time” and “Learning Deeply” will help me answer this question from my side.

Learning Deeply something for me is to read that whole thing thoroughly and spending time on it to make connections from many angles. This effort cannot be done in time which is like cursory reading a magazine in say 30 minutes for me. If the learning is necessity I will try to make time and find out ways to organize the information in chunks and then make connections for those chunks by keywords, images, stories, more facts, fun facts, all this needs time, and hence it depends on how desperate you are to learn deeply.

3 Likes

I like Mind Map although I tried once, it did not worked on me. Might be I did something wrong. I will give try again. Thank you, Erol. Also your name is Turkish, Are you turkish?

2 Likes

Yes Mind Maps are good for almost everything especially for learning and studying.

Erol is a Turkish name, I was born in Turkey, but spent most of my life in the UK.

1 Like

I personally don’t use mind maps but rather really simple notes – either handwritten or on notion -> there are tiers of vocab, which I format as a callout, details, and then I try to draw my own diagrams (i.e. if it’s plant bio, maybe I try to draw the life cycle of an angiosperm on my own and checking my answers)

2 Likes

I would use a variation of Cornell note taking. Used properly, it’s a very useful learning/study/review tool.

2 Likes

Yes! I am trying to get used to it and it works as charm!

1 Like