If images in memory techniques are equivalent to files and folders to the human brain then what is the equivalent of whiteboard for the human brain

I have heard that images are like files and folders to the human brain and the Journey Method is a filing system by which the brain can access information quickly which may requires files or images,

But files are separate from one another and it takes time to search files or images in a folder and due to this I had thought about being able to access information from organised with table of contents of their and near by Whiteboards instead of using a filing system(Memory Palace),

And you can imagine that accessing large amounts of information from organised whiteboards with table of contents is faster than accessing information from files using a filing system and it will make information more organised,

I am thinking of making a system in which people can retrieve information from a group of white boards but for this I need to know the answer to the question below-
"If images are the equivalent to files in memory techniques then what is the equivalent of a white board in memory techniques?"

And,

Have a Great Day.

1 Like

Drawing pretty much anywhere, be it a wall,floor, ceiling or even midair.

Organized methods of access have already been addressed by others such as Mayarra’s memory city, and many others around the theme of having a Table of Contents or Index as part of a memory palace.

I wouldn’t press the analogy too far. The brain is not a computer,. or least it is unlike an electronic computer.

Files and folders give rise to a branching hierarchical web which computer scientists call a “tree”. Trees are very efficient, their very structure can encode important information and they are very dense, a small surface hides a deep store of information.

But a pure tree only branches. The branches do not ever rejoin. Memories are rarely like this. In a strongly implanted memory there will be connections all over the place, both across the branches and even involving other trees.

The efficiency of tree comes at a cost, the loss of redundancy which leaves it fragile and vulnerable to damage. Drop one node and you lose the whole subtree that branches from it.

IMO Tree structures are natural to the brain. We use classifications, taxonomies and hierarchical structures in organizations but it’s only part of the story

2 Likes

I have found that in a Memory Palace if a person will

1. Draw the outline of his image(s) on the floor near a wall and then have it dissapear

2. And then imagining it as a print on that wall increases memory slightly and assinging three places in the floor at its left, right and center,

And after following the steps above to learn text I reread that text and if I have forgotten any text I convert the words of those texts into objects and then I place those objects in those assigned ares in order,

Then when recalling information from the backgrounds I also recall information from those objects in order and by using this change in my Memory Palace when learning text If I need to repeat it 40% times lesser.