I updated it since, more on that in moment. I really tried to follow those 20-rules of formatting knowledge. I’ve also been trying to make Anki reviews FAST and splitting up knowledge seems to help.
My current theme now has these cards:
- 5x cards with everything sown but one --> test the missing item.
- 5x cards: P.A.O., number and mnemonic
- 3x Only one of P.A. or O. shown --> test the number
- 3x Only number shown --> test P.A. or O.
- 1x A card to cue you to spend a moment re-visualizing the scene in the MoL loci.
I find it works, I use anki ~ 20min a day for professional knowledge, french and memory stuff. I just don’t have time to do much more memory practice and this setup keeps my PAO system “within reach” so I can use it when I need it.
Before I had this setup, in some random situation like remembering a pad lock, I basically spent like 30 seconds per number that I had do encode and if felt like, UGH, why not just write it down?! Sometimes I’d encode it wrong. Now with a tiny bit of Anki magic, I can do it at a reasonable speed.
Do you think it’s worth updating github? I doubt anyone is going to use it…