I have forgotten some of my number pegs

After a bit of lapse, I decided to try an exercise with random numbers on the street (license plates in particular) to come up with images for them. One of these numbers was 7582 from a license plate. In a complete and sudden spell of forgetfulness, I thought of 75 and could not recall what my image was. I had to think “7 = k/g, 5 = l, kl, call, coal, coil, ah, it was coil!” and “8 = f/v, 2 = n, fn, fan, van, fine, vine, VINE!”. I then recalled a coil wrapping around the car turning into vines as it did so - coil vine = 7582.

Earlier, I could do this near automatically, but with time, I seem to have forgotten some of my images. Is this normal? Should I replace them or just use the old ones I had forgotten?

1 Like

(Simon Orton) #2

I think this is normal after a period of not using your images.

The good thing about the Major (or Dominic) system is that you can often figure out what the images are when you forget.

2 Likes

(Simon Luisi) #3

I think the best time to change images is when you train a lot and realize that one image fails more than the others, on a regular basis or as you increase speed. This is not the case here.
If you stored your images in a logical way, in a memory castle, you may have this alternative to retrieve your images if you don’t remember them.
If you ask whether your case is normal, I have to wonder, what if it isn’t? Then what?

1 Like

I am still much a beginner. I devised the images following a logical system - the Major system.

I guess it might be time to review my images.

0 Likes

For me on the fly I would just kludge something fast 7582=KiLl FaN (kind of gory and active; lots of auditory, kinesthetic, and other extra memory weight to accompany it)

0 Likes