I am going to memorize 12 decks of cards a day for one year and see how long it takes until I get burnt out

Here is the thread for those who wish to improve memory each time daily

Beginning tomorrow I will avg 12 decks of cards time over the next 365 days and see how fast we can go

7 Likes

So, 12 decks maybe ambitious I havent done this for over a year. I did my first 4 decks and observing my mind I thought it was interesting. I have gotten incredibly lazy and distracted. I am also slightly hungover and been smoking pot a lot so maybe should detox myself for 30 days and see how this goes…

First 4 deck results:
Time/Recall/Mistakes
1:45/5:34/P
1:53/3:24/6
2:20/3:22/P
1:13/5:00/2

It feels like its coming back but my focus is definitely suffering. It used to be around 45 secs/deck without needing to wait to recall and I could go through 12 decks relatively quickly a day.

See how this goes later on

2 Likes

So I used to have 24 locations and alternate 12 decks/day… After a year I have forgotten some of these so narrowed it to the 13 locations I know best and ill do 6 decks/day while building up my memory palaces. Also hopefully will help with my brain fog I seem to be having. While remembering cards I am simultaneously thinking about other things so I actually am impressed my times aren’t worse.

I would be interested to see the studies of concentration after a prolonged period of memory training.

Time/Recall/Errors
1:43/3:38/Perfect (P)
1:34/4:48/P
1:36/2:46/P
1:43/4:20/P
1:36/4:24/2
1:54/4:39/1

I think I will win the world record of cards if I continue that might be my NYE resolution instead of maintaining records per day

1 Like

Todays times:

Time/Recall/Errors
1:31/6:00/1
1:24/4:40/2
1:51/3:51/P
1:29/8:34/4
1:38/5:20/3
1:43/4:44/P

I began reading a great book I highly recommend named “The Talent Code”. Only 1/2 through. It discusses what makes greatness, namely, making mistakes and by deep practice to grow your Myelin which acts as an insulator to your axons and makes your electrical impulses travel quicker. A few of my favorite quotes from the book:

“You will become clever through your mistakes” - German Proverb
“Excellence is a habit” - Aristotle
“Try again, Fail again. Fail better.” - Three rules of deep practice

If you’re trying to accomplish anything get started its the most difficult part. Highly recommend.

1 Like

Good day, I have just finished doing my pao for cards recently, would you be able to train with me on memory league even though it’s not real life deck? I feel more thoughtful when I have someone to talk to.

I am not interested in doing cards online since its a nice break from the computer doing them irl. However, if you want to train numbers I want to start using memory league for that as well.

For todays time I tried to rush it to see if I could get a good time. It worked once and the rest were ehh - TME stands for too many errors (+8) or more

Time/Recall/Errors
1:28/3:38/TME
1:14/2:54/P - New record since restarting the habits
1:19/6:11/TME
1:20/5:52/TME
1:42/4:30/3
1:35/5:15/1

Quote of the day - "I have always maintained that excepting fools, men did not differ much in intellect, only in zeal and hard work. - Charles Darwin

The Talent Code has some great quotes - good luck with your goals!

Sleep deprived I believe but the streak continues. Todays times:

1:38/3:59/P
1:17/5:00/5
1:19/4:50/TME
1:09/7:00/TME
1:19/NT/TME
58/3:30/P - Ended it on a good note new best record sub 1min again…