How would you memorize this table?

This table comprehend all the sanctions for what we call “improbidade administrativa” (something like a dishonest behavior by civil servants) in the respective Brazilian statute (“Lei de Improbidade Administrativa”).

The left column contains the penalties (e.g., fine, suspension of political rights, etc.), and the top line contains all the four kinds of “improbity” punished by the referred anti-corruption act.

In the other cells we state if that penalty applies to that improbity species; eventually, there will be complementary information (such as fine amount, suspension period, etc.).

How would be your strategy to memorize this table? I mean, everything in this table (because everything is important there haha)?

Would you use mnemonics or some kind of journey? Would you split up the information for the mnemonics/journey etc.? How to put that in Anki or other sort of external aid?

Share your ideas with me, guys!

Thank you very much and sorry for the possible mistakes (english is not my first language)!

I hope I have comprehended this here table properly.^^
Each of the four columns could be linked to some item which helps you tell them apart. (like: 1st column is a bunny, second is a glass of milk, I don’t know, anything that you find helps you remember it almost instantly).

Then maybe for each penalty, create a unique journey/ story going (horizontally) through the four penalty case columns assigning to each the appropriate information.

Or you could do it the opposite way, making the left column stuff into objects and making a journey/ story for each of the other columns - vertically.

Hi @eaglebrain.

My approach would probably be to use a series of rooms: one for each row.

The left ‘penalty’ column seems to have the most challenging information, so I would use as much of the furniture and objects in the middle of the room as necessary to store that info for each row.

Since the information in the top line appears to just be 4 columns of header information, it seems like it could be remembered easily with natural memory, a little repetition, and a small bit of self-testing, so I probably would not bother to use mnemonics for it–just my natural memory.

But, the corresponding 4 columns in the subsequent rows is more varied, so I would put one column on each wall of the room. (I am assuming each room has exactly 4 walls.) The first column could be linked to the wall where the main entrance to the room is. The information for the second column would go on the next wall, as I travel in a (say) clockwise direction. The info for the third column would on the third wall, and so on–again, as I mentally travel around the room in a clockwise direction. (It could also counter-clockwise, if you prefer. The only thing that matters is that you proceed in the same direction around every room.) Naturally, I expect that each wall would not just be bare, blank and undistinguished looking, Rather, each room should have very unique features including the walls. E.g.: Windows, mirrors, murals, paintings, shelves, etc, that I could use to associate information.

Finally, I should mention that the building with all the rooms could be part of a shopping centre or perhaps a hospital. Anything should work as long as the rooms are all fairly distinct and unique.

Hope this helps,

Darn

I would use a memory grid similar to that in Harry Lorayne’s “The memory book”.

Th method is designed to memorize tables and maps

1 Like

four columns i would connect it to 4 different styles (CVSR method) -C for Click, V-Value , S-Shape and R-Rhyme) . So the first column i shall connect to all the 4 ones of C (One God), V(Bar oneChocholate), S (stick), R(Bun)…Explained in details in my book : “Super Tips for Super memory” - Sushant Mysorekar, Publisher Rupa.

Yeah, I like Harry Lorrayne’s grid method.