How to prevent mental lapses?

Lately, I’ve been having lots of mental lapses. Here’s what I mean by that. I will put the car in reverse instead of drive. I will put the cup into the plates cabinet when emptying the dishwasher. I will pass my by house when driving. I will put the mats in the wrong order when setting up my room. I will forget to close the gas cap after I finish filling up gas. There are so many instances like this happening to me everyday. Can someone give me some actionable items to help improve this? It has also mostly happened after lockdown. I used to be very sharp.

What’s your sleep and overall sense of well-being like?
If there’s no issue, perhaps you’re overtraining your mind/ memory.
I personally tend to experience such lapses when I’m memorizing possibly too many things in a short period of time, basically stressing myself out and inducing mini-burnouts or something like that.
Perhaps relaxing and taking things in small manageable chunks would be relevant advice.
Hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice! What are some actionable steps I can take?

Well, for one, any action towards better, adequate sleep would be recommended. Habits that promote overall health.
Getting some sunshine, exercising, meditation, proper nutrition… things like that.
If the lapses keep happening at the same rate, visiting a doctor could be relevant.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try solidifying my good habits for at least 90 days, and if the mental lapses continue to happen, then I’ll visit a doctor.