How to pass the cross quizzes

Hi, i’m Gpaolo from Italy and i have 30 years old.
I graduated in economics and I enrolled to improve my memory and to prepare a cross test (A B C D) on 5000 questions.

with which techniques and where to study them do you recommend me?
THANKS

4 Likes

Wow that’s a lot of questions :slight_smile:
I also challenged myself with a book I bought that has 2000 questions and answers. And I memorise some at a time as and when I have time. Usually in the morning, and recall it later in the day.

The method I use is “Linking” which also involves some of the number images where necessary. This is where you’d use the first piece of data interact with the second and or third piece of data to create the link between them. Kind of chaining the datas together one after another.

Linking with Episodic Reasoning”. Why it’s happening whatever is happening there? We remember more easily if the scene had a lot of episodic emotions attached to it . This is usually in the form of Egzagerated Violence, Sadness, Sexual, and or Stupidly Funny. I usually will make it very funny as that sticks with me far easier.

Making your link images bigger than Lifelike.
One of the methods is to also imagine your link-image far bigger than it would be in real life. So for example if the data is an “Egg”, then you would imagine your egg to be as big a Huge Bear in Size. Always imagine yout link-image far bigger than lifelike.

And for the locations, you create your own memory palace as you go along.
I use the locations that the subject is originated from. I simply imagine the scene, the background, atmosphere, sounds, and any other detail that will be used as triggers. This gives me a lot of clues to recall what I have linked in that scene.

I have though a friend of mine, working with him for 12 days, 400 questions and answers using the methods I explained above for his test. It was a 45 minutes test with 40 questions, he went in, and he was out in the fifth minute with a score of %98 pass rate. He had never practiced any memory systems or methods before, and never believed it was possible for him even tho I did many demonstrations that he also could, until he did it and was successful with an amazing pass rate in record time.

So it works for me, it worked for other/s and I hope it also helps you.

Use the “Search” icon on the navigation menu at the top right of the page, simply type your question or the keyword such as “Link” in the text field and you’ll see a lot of information listed with the methods I mentioned.

Btw, welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Ciao Erol,
thank you for your precise reply, and for the welcome.
I will do so.
by law I have several questions where the law number appears
(law n.20307 TUF) and then answers. (as in the photo) to make a memory building for each law number?

what do you think ?

2 Likes

This will depend on what you are trying to memorise as explained above.
The best person to ask would be @SilvioB with the law related memorization.
He has a great method for this.

If you could translate at least one of the questions with its answer in English, then we can all try to help.

2 Likes

thanks again Erol

I have attached some examples.

there are 5000 questions in all.

some have: numbers or% as an answer,
others easy to confuse, you have to choose between consob, bank of italy, European Banking Authority.
others need to remember the concepts.
MY STRATEGY
for now I try to connect the links to the law number with phonetic strategy by numbers (1 = t 2 = n …)
problems:
-are many questions and sometimes I confuse.

• sometimes they are difficult concepts to imagine with figures

EXAME the right one is always A

Pursuant to paragraph 4 of art. 94-bis of the d. lgs. n. 58/1998 (TUF), regarding the approval of the prospectus, to ensure the efficiency of the procedure for approving the prospectus concerning bank debt securities not intended for trading on a regulated market, Consob enters into collaboration agreements with:

A : the Bank of Italy

B: the European Banking Authority

C: the Ministry of Economy and Finance

D: CICR

Pursuant to paragraph 1 of art. 98-ter of the d. lgs. n. 58/1998 (TUF), regarding the offer to the public of units or shares of open UCIs, the offer to the public of units or shares of open Italian UCIs, EU and non-EU AIFs is preceded by a communication:

A: Consob

B: the Financial Intelligence Unit

C: the Bank of Italy

D: the Ministry of Economy and Finance

In companies other than SMEs, the totalitarian public offer pursuant to paragraph 1-bis of article 106 of Legislative Decree no. 58/1998 (Consolidated Finance Act), in the absence of another shareholder holding a higher stake, it is also promoted by anyone who, following purchases, comes to hold a stake above the threshold of:

A: 25%

B: 10 %

C: 20%

D: 15%

Pursuant to article 107 of legislative decree no. 58/1998 (TUF), on the basis of one of the conditions to be respected so that there is no obligation to make a totalitarian public offer, the bidder and the persons acting in concert with him, must not have purchased, including through contracts to term with subsequent expiry, in the twelve months preceding the communication to Consob pursuant to art. 102, paragraph 1, of the same TUF or during the offer, higher shareholdings:

A: 1%

B: 0.5%

C: 0.3%

D: 0.7%

Pursuant to article 110 of legislative decree no. 58/1998 (Consolidated Finance Act), in the event of violation of the obligations relating to mandatory takeover bids, the right to vote:

A: inherent to the entire shareholding it cannot be exercised

B: inherent to the entire participation, it can be exercised with the authorization of the Bank of Italy

C: inherent in twenty percent of the equity investment held, it can still be exercised

D: inherent to half of the stake held, it cannot be exercised

1 Like

Here is how I would do it. But as I mentioned before @SilvioB is the best person for law related memory stuff.

Let’s start with the answer first; Your location to place the images.

A: The Bank Of Italy.
So the bank is your location/place where you would create an imaginary scene.
Choose an image for the bank of italy, google images may help. Perhaps you can imagine the Italian flag on the bank. You could be inside the bank or outside the bank to choose the spots where you would place the images that you will think and link.
We do this so we can find a location to place the information. Else it would be in tha air and you’d struggle to recall it. So choose the location from the answer.

Now the Keywords in the question.
You have numbers, and information. So you’ll need to use a number system to generate your images, and find other images that will match the keywords in the question.

I see;

Paragraph 4
article 94
58/1998 (TUF)
approval
bank debt securities
Consob
collaboration agreements with.

Now you need to find all the images that would cover all the Keywords and the digits.

In my example, I will cover -> Paragraph 4 , Article 94
and let you do the rest as this example would give you some ideas.

Paragraph 4
The keyword here for me is a Notepad that corresponds with “Paragraph
The digit is 4, let’s say that 4 was a Knife.

So to cover Paragraph 4,

• You’d see (imagine) a Huge Notepad in front of the Bank, perhaps at the entrance.
  • You have a Knife (4), which is pointing to the fourth line in the notepad.

For the "Article 94"

Article = Writing with a pen.
In this case you write with that Knife.

• You start Writing with your knife in the Notepad, indicating that this is an Article.

94 = Balloon and a Knife

• When you were writing the article with the knife on the notepad, a Red Balloon Pops out of the paper, and you use the knife again to Pop the Balloon.

So to summarise how to memorise “Paragraph 4 , Article 94”
At the entrance of the bank Of Italy, you see a huge Notepad, you have a knife in hand, and point the knife at the fourth paragraph (or any paragraph), and you start Writing with that knife, a Balloon jumps out of the paragraph, and you pop the balloon with the same knife.

This would take a few seconds to imagine.
The real challenge here is to find the keyword-images.

So you do the same with the rest of the keywords, and add them into the mini-story by linking the next item/image to the previous item, and so on.

I usually just pick a couple of images with the main keywords, and an image or two from the answer. It’s usually good enough to remind you of the answer
And link them together with a quick mini-story at the scene that I think would happen as explained in my earlier reply.

Once you do a few it becomes easier.

I don’t use any loci when I memorise quiz questions and answers because there are 100s of them. In my book I have 2000.

However, it maybe a good idea to create a Memory palace. And because you have 5000 questions, you may use the “Hotel Palace” which can give you as many locis as you need.

A Hotel palace has floors,
In each floor, there are rooms
In each room, it has different locations as stops.

So you’d create a hotel that will hold 5000 locis.
Floor 1 > 10 rooms > If each room holds 25 spots = 250 Locis.
So you’d then need 20 Floors to cover 5000 spots, and each spot will hold the scene you’d create to cover the question and the answer.

You would of course practice hard to create this Hotel place. There is no easy solution whichever way to create a palace that will hold 5000 spots each of which with a mini-story-link.

That’s why I never use a loci with quizzes. I just use the location where the info had happened.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

1 Like

yes erol! another point of view like yours helped me. because so far in recent months I have studied memory techniques and applied them. the problem is to remember the different stories with all that information and after some time I confuse.

THANKS

1 Like

I know, it’s not easy because you have 5000 of them.
If you did some spaced repetition it would also help.

And another method I mentioned is “ Linking with Episodic Reasoning ”.
Have a look at my first reply again. If you can create the reasoning, it would act as a trigger which would also help you to recall the information.

Have a look at this thread, you’ll see an image there showing how the reasoning is used.

2 Likes