How to improve the memorization of Pi?

I’ve memorized 916 digits of Pi, but I want to pass 16,000. I use PAO (two digits for the person, action, and object), Memory Palace, and Major System. I don’t think using a loci for each 6 digits is the best option that exists, I’m looking for another way to memorize the digits, maybe a variation of PAO, but I don’t want to make a Peg list with 1000 items because it’ll take too much time and effort, I didn’t find anyone in my language (Portuguese), and I already have one with 100 items. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I have memorised Pi to 1000 digits with a Two Digit PA a while ago, and I have used 250 locis.

It seems like you already know what you are doing if you have already memorized just short of 1000 digits of Pi.

Two digit PAO which gives you 6 digits at a time for each locus seems reasonable, and it requires less locations.

I think it all comes downs to creating more memory palaces the more digits of Pi you want to memorize. Call it a Pi-Town Palace or whatever you want to name the main subject, and under it, have all the palaces required as a journey from one to the next based on how many digits you want to memorize.

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Thank you a lot for your time and reply. I thought 6 for each loci wouldn’t be the best option for my goal (16,000 digits), it means 2,667 locus, it seems to be too much for me. I just had an idea (about 2 hours after publishing this topic haha) what about a “PAOAOAO”? I think I could make the person doing an action over the object, the object doing an action over the person, and I doing and action over the scene (the person, object, or everyone, whatever). It means 14 digits per loci! I’ll need only 1,143 locus. What do you think about it?

2 Likes

I think you should try it to see how it’s working for you. If it does work well, then carry on with it, if not then consider going back a step and see how it works out.

2 Likes

I’m going to try it, I hope it works. Thank you so much, Erol.

2 Likes

I memorized 8000 Pi with normal 2 digit sytem. I prefer to memorize 5 images per 1 location ( 10 digits) because if somone ask me what is 5343 Pi digit i can easily count and tell them. After every 500digits just memorize that room so if somone ask you 5343 you can start from 5000 and go room by room to 5340.
If u train digits u are able to do 1000 per day with no problem :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It is the app that I use for π training.
You can download this app in Android phone from playstore.

1 Like

Thank DiscoKoza for your comment. It’s wise way to remember the position of each number. In my case, I tried to memorize 14 digits per loci, and it worked! So I don’t think paying 4 digits per loci but knowing positions is worth it for me, I think I could make some marks in my memory palace if want to know them and spending more time counting. I’m going to train to be able to do 1000 per day, thanks for this advice!

I was looking forward to an app for Pi training. Thank you so much! I’m going to download it, I’m sure it’ll be extremely helpful.