How to get past the ridiculous in memory training

Hi I paid up for this course a while back but just couldn’t get started. I honestly failed to get past having to memorise things by attaching ridiculous images to things I want to remember! Like the Queen of Hearts in a deck of cards is my grandmother baking muffins made of roses.
Wondered if there’s a simpler way…or am I being linear?

1 Like

Just curious, how would you like it to be? For me the ridiculous is precisely a big part of the magic of mnemonics, since it makes fun data that doesn’t have any spark on its own.

I think if you enjoy the things you build in your head, and have the patience to believe that through practice things will get faster and eventually automatic, you’ll end up seeing it as simple over time.

So, how would you enjoy to code those cards?

Or maybe it’s practicing by memorizing cards that you feel odd, in which case maybe you should start practicing with information that makes sense to you.

3 Likes

Thanks I am listening. Guess it’s coming all together as I hear views from you guys.

3 Likes

I agree with Francesca, the more ridiculous/extreme means the more memorable.

Think in your everyday life, lets say you go to the grocery store. You see 50 people, one is 7 feet tall. I bet you would remember seeing that person, but not the others.

3 Likes

You got a point there. Thanks

1 Like