How to change the language of 15 pages of text already learned?

This has been on my mind for a while now: I learned to recite Romans 1-11 from memory, but in my native language, and I regret not doing it in a foreign language.

I was thinking if I could use the same images and loci and just replace the sentences with Japanese. Making the images is, of course, the hardest part of the task so it feels like it might be more or less easy to keep the images and change only the language, but I really dont know. Has anyone tried anything like this?

I was hospitalized for some time and thus haven’t reviewed at all for almost four months now, so now if ever would be the right time to change the language, since the images are way stronger than the verbal content after such a long time without review.

Before I proceed with my normal daily review routine I would like to hear your opinions. Thank you!

Welcome, from one who had at one time memorized the whole book! And forgot most of it due to the time burden of review.

I sympathize because I want to know Romans in Greek. Still, I should remember that blood of translators was shed to get the Scriptures in English, so they are a treasure in English.

Though, you’ve done much of the necessary work already because you are so familiar with the book. I think that you could potentially use the English words as hooks. Use each word or sentence as a contact point for the equivalent in the target language. You already know the content. Use it to trigger the translation.