Hey, I'm Alex, New member, curious, from Germany

Hey,

I’m a stoic collage student who loves knowledge and is fascinated with memory and imagination since childhood.

I am interested in mathematics, economics, law, sports, coding, memory techniques, philosophy, history, geography, physics, arts, dreams, biology, medicine, cryptography, literature, chess, just to name a few.

I found Anthony Metiviers YouTube channel and I was immediately astonished about memory techniques, since then, so I searched through the whole google about that topic.

I like the simplicity about memory techniques and that they are visually like the memory palace as well as one can achieve impressive things.

My best memory feat was to memorize 200 digits of pi and remember several poems as well as foreign vocabulary, with what I impressed all my old classmates. (Also, I am a good orator.)

The biggest challenge is that I want to memorize a lot. I mean a lot.

I tried some visual mnemonics and acronyms. They worked pretty well and I want to learn more about memory to become faster, more efficient, and to pass my exams with flying colors.

I decided to become an art of memory member, because I want to learn about memory, learn from members and their experiences, and I love memory.

In my opinion memory is an art, already.

4 Likes

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Alex,

I know you’ve explained elsewhere here why you chose the avatar and handle that you have. But—and I hesitate to say this, because I think it actually sounds kind of stupid and I’m probably alone in this—to me, it’s … unsettling.

I realize Hannibal Lecter is a fictional character known for his cunning intelligence. But to me he will always be a cannibalistic serial killer first, thanks to the film version of Silence of the Lambs. I haven’t seen the TV show from which you’ve pulled your avatar, so there are no positive associations with the character for me. So the idea that someone would take on that character as a persona… Well, it means I’m likely to try to avoid those posts because I find that disturbing.

For the record, I enjoy horror films and really like Silence of the Lambs. But when Hannibal Lecter shows up in real life, I don’t want to have anything to do with him.

Sorry. Just how I feel…

Bob

Yes, you are right. It is a bit disturbing.

I will think about that and maybe change my profile picture, but I don’t know how to change my username. Thank you for your honesty!

AK

1 Like

Well, that avatar change was fast! Thank you! (And since I’m probably the only one who would have been bothered by the previous image, I really appreciate you making the effort to change it.)

Bob

1 Like

It’s possible to change usernames by sending a private message to me (@Josh) with a new username.

1 Like

Welcome on this Forum!

Would you be so kind to share with us the process you followed for the 200 digit memorization and challenges you faced doing that in a Memory Journal thread?

Of course I would, Tushar Joshi!

I will do that as fast as I can.