help im lost :D

(fatima ) #1

hi , i just got interested in memory and how to train it. And i can fairly say that im lost in all these systems and techniques :smiley: i just need some help with where to start and how to improve in the right way . I will be thankful for any advises :exploding_head:

(Silvio B.) #2

What would you like to learn with memory techniques? Would you like to use them for exams or for memory competitions?

It really depends a bit on what your “memory-needs” are. I mostly use the memory palace method combined with a number system called the “Dominic System” to study for law exams.

I think you could take a look at this:
https://artofmemory.com/wiki/Getting_Started

If you have some examples of what you would like to use the memory techniques for, I might be able to help you more :slight_smile:

(Josh Cohen) #3

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

Have you see the free ebook on memory techniques yet? [PDF ebooklet]

(fatima ) #4

thx for the reply :smile: I want to be able to memorize long poems and do some tricks like memorizing deck of cards or random numbers or random bunch of words.And memorizing chess games would be so cool :smiley: im making myself a pao list for the deck of cars atm i can do 30 of them in 3 minutes but i dont know what system to use with numbers and poems , can u help ?

(Josh Cohen) #5

Look up posts by alexxx – he memorized Dante’s Divine Comedy and there may be some tips there.

If you haven’t found it yet, you can practice on Memory League. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure how to do that, but if you type “chess” into the search box, there will be some discussions there.

Many people use the same images that they use for cards. There is some more information about various number systems on the page below.

fatima, use the free PDF in the internet “How To Develop A Super Power Memory” published by Harry Lorayne. On §48 you learn the PEG-SYSTEM.
I myself work with a 100-System. Today I learn successfully Japanese.I discover a beautiful world !!! Japan produces the best movies. On YouTube you can meet: Mana Ashida, Suzu Hirose, Yuki Aragaki, Haruka Ayase, …
Begin with “Your Lie In April” (2016), “Beautiful Rain”, “Farwell To Our Kindergarten”, “Mother”, “Yae’s Sakura”, …
Good luck ! (Ganbarimashou ! Ganbatte, Matane !)