I learned about Memory Palaces about a month ago, from a YouTube channel. I successfully managed to learn the information (Summaries) of a chapter within a textbook. However, it took me a long time to do so, and I was wondering if there’s anything I could do to create good images faster within my memory palace. Here’s an example of what I’m trying to learn:
● Analogy = Similarity due to convergent evolution.
■ Similar environmental pressures and natural selection produce similar adaptations in different organisms.
● Homoplasies = Analogous structure independently arising.
● Distinguishing homology from analogy:
○ The skeletal structures of birds and bats are homologous. But bat wings are stretches of membranes versus feathers and bird wings.
○ Fossil evidence indicates they arose independently.
○ The more elements similar in complex structures the more likely organisms are homologous.
○ If species are closely related DNA sequences differ very little.
○ Very different sequences with few coincidental matches are called molecular homoplasies.