Giving up my developer account

Hi guys,

so as you may or may not know… I got a few apps out there related to “memory;” however, I will give up my developer account with Apple next year (May/June sometime) when it’s up for renewal, because it costs USD 100 a year to publish apps to the App Store.

The reason I got the account in the first place three years ago was for the “social commitment.” I’m sure we have some posts on here how “committing” to something publicly with help you follow through on your projects. For me it was a matter of learning Swift (programming) as well as the infrastructure of the App Store, etc.

This infrastructure also included placing advertisements in the apps of course, so I’ll post an update in due course when I’ll have those removed so you can download an app-free version before I retire the account. I might be able to get a couple more apps out there over the next 9-10 months, so if you got any suggestions, please let me know.

I won’t be able to put a whole “Memoriad Mental Calculation”-suite online just like that of course, but I’m sure there’s something a little less ambitious that might be beneficial to some. Also, if you want to know anything about app development (especially as far as iOS) please feel free to open up a thread in #off-topic-chat:technology-and-computers and I’ll be happy to answer questions as much as I can.

If you don’t know… you can create your own apps without having to pay Apple a dime if you got a Mac so that you can load your own apps to your iPhone. So if you’d like to upgrade from using Excel or whatnot for your practice sessions :wink: . (Same is true for Android, but I don’t own one, so I don’t know too much about that.)

2 Likes

What are your apps?

That’s a nice tip!
I’m thinking of getting a mac, and change my android phone to IOS when my contract runs out.

1 Like