Free IQ Test - Accurate, Free Instant Results - My IQ Tested

This is my IQ result

This is an official IQ test so if you want test you can go through it .

Note that this site is not https

My software didn’t detect any malware.

@OldGrantonian
I didn’t understand what you want to say

When I click on the link that you posted, the target site says “Not secure” to the left of the link.

AFAIK, IQ sites are frequent targets for malware or scams.

Just mentioning it :smiley:

Thanks.

2 Likes

@OldGrantonian
You simply say on Google ’ What is my IQ ? ’
This link automatically come on the first page.

What he meant is that most of those test websites will give your computer a virus, even if google presents the site to you.

He just confirmed for us that it is safe (if you dont click any of the billion ads) because the website itself does not present its safety certificate.

4 Likes

It’s an HTTP site. Not an HTTPS (secure) site. It pays to be wary of sites w/o a security certificate, they can be a source of infection. @OldGrantonian is just saying he checked it out and it seems safe, implying that others can click on the link with confidence.

HTTP sites probably won’t cause problems unless they are asking you to submit personal information or passwords — then they are dangerous, because other people can read the data as it goes over the network.

I’d be wary about entering data into random quiz websites though, especially if you can’t see who is actually running it. They are often just data collection schemes. It says “Cambridge developed IQ Test” but I don’t see any information that directly links the site to Cambridge.

4 Likes

Please note, there are no legitimate online IQ tests. Formal IQ tests are professionally administered and take usually anywhere from 3-5 hours to do, (depending on the version). The most standardly accepted IQ test at present is the [WAIS-IV] – (I can’t post links yet but the Wikipedia link for this is a good overview)

4 Likes

The last logic question on that test makes you learn something interesting -> to parse logical statements as function arguments.

I scored 148, which is a terrible estimation given that I could not do an entire part of the test on my phone, I only got like two of the “fill in the blank” questions and I am definitely slower than when I would do it on the PC.

My IQ has been tested multiple times as employers, schools and psychiatrists love that stuff seemingly (WISC, WAIS, Raven, lots of different tests over the years). The score is not important but I did learn some things there.

Every IQ test is 99% bull in testing actual intelligence. It is a skill test in reasoning and knowledge. Logic, math, observation, those are things that agree greatly with my brain. It is just one big mass of reasoning, so every test that presents such questions will be obliterated. Test me on handiwork skills, emotional understanding and vocabulaire and I will score into the negative digits.

I managed to turn certain psychology problems into math problems, but put me in the jungle and I will be eaten in 0.48 seconds by a lion even though they dont even live there. I would be the retarded one there, so why give me an intelligence score of 148?

Catch me on a bad day and my IQ drops lower than the speed limit in my neighbourhood. Make me do a test when I am in full focus mode and I might just score higher than dutch weed gets you.

IQ is a popularity contest designed to make the average feel bad about being average. In fact, here in the netherlands we used to have an anual IQ test on tv. I remember one time when they published the results of people in the studio and those who played along at home. It had the classic bell curve, but here is the fun bit: the median was at 125.

IQ-scores, by standard definition (excluding 130+ and 80- tests), have their median at 100, because IQ has never been a test to show your intelligence. It always shows your capabilities to answer a fixed set of questions correctly when compared to a specified group of other people. By changing the questions (which the online test shared here also did) or the median, you get data that is no longer valid.

Taking those points into account, there is no such thing as an accurate IQ test, as IQ by definition is not meant to be anything accurate.

End of rant

3 Likes

I have sifted through the bulk of research on IQ for a while in my past time and quite plainly I agree with you.

If anything

I wouldn’t even say it is quite that. Raven for example you can solve by math or you can generate a bunch of manipulations to have them match, or you can logically reason the correct answer or you can know the common patterns they are using in the test or … The fact that you can do many different things that all change your score on the same test, makes me question what exactly it is trying to measure so ‘precisely’.

The correctly part is also a bit on the dubious side. If you find some pattern that the test ‘creator’ has not found, then that is it. The only way to really ensure you are not finding novel patterns is by hoping the creator has done some maths and by ensuring you only deal with the properties of the objects and not any representations they make. For me that is akin to being a little lazy.

That said I find IQ tests are the only real puzzles of sorts I can find reliably. I kind of wish there was a bank of puzzles to adjust my framework of reasoning.

I kind of held back from doing this and instead looked at the positives of that small test, I learned something new, so it was somewhat worthwhile. I am really glad someone made this rant.

1 Like

I tried to take the test but failed at the first task already. The description said there would be twenty different symbols, but when I started, half of them were question marks which I didn’t know what to do with:

IQ_Test_stupid_me

Guess I’m too stupid for this test :sweat:

1 Like

You might be able to fix that by opening the page in Firefox, and finding the menu on the top right of the browser that has three lines. Click on the menu item named “Customize” and drag the “Text Encoding” icon to the toolbar. Then click that icon for alternate text encodings on the page to find the correct text encoding. (Try setting it to “Unicode” if it doesn’t automatically switch.)

4 Likes

Very nice, the question marks turn into symbols when I manually switch text encoding from ‘Unicode’ to ‘Western’. Thanks @Josh!

1 Like