Fast Learning- App Developing

Hi everyone. it’s my first time posting. I have been looking for ways to learn how to code faster, since I know it is challenging and not so easy to understand. Does any of you have tips, methods, and materials on this?
I guess it would be more beneficial to have a method to learn it faster rather than memorizing it better since there is not that much to memorize but more to understand. However, if you are familiar with memorization materials on this, I would accept the suggestions.
I have been searching for it but can’t find much about it

2 Likes

Do you mean learn how to code faster or do you mean learn faster how to code? The former being a matter of your typing speed, the latter a matter of spending less time learning how to do something.

I think that you could creare a programming mind map and store an image or series of action for each programming topic (ConditionalStatement, Loop,etc) Ex: To remember how conditionalStatement work you can remember this story.

IF i kill someone THEN
i will go in prison for 20 years
ELSEIF i kill everyone on the planet THEN
I wont go to prison because i will be
alone
ELSE
I will no go in prison.

This allow you to remember easily how it work by remembering short stories.

I would take a look at this youtube video: look at the full description under the video. It describes multiple techniques that would be of benefit. I don’t believe it will be just 1 technique that will teach you to code. Similar to programming challenges: you have to break up learning whatever language into multiple parts, then find appropriate techniques for each part. Then apply them and apply what you learn altogether to practice the language itself. So learning general high level things (mind maps to get the high level). Then for API, keywords, etc something else. Images in a mind palace, peg lists, something that works for you. I’m trying to figure this out myself to be honest. But that’s as far as I gotten and I know how to program, I’m just trying to learn another language fast.

1 Like

Sorry. I meant to learn faster how to code

Thank you for your reply. I didn’t see the link to the video. It’s nice you know how to code. What language are you trying to learn? I have used techniques and materials recently to learn German.
When it comes to learning how to code is there a lot to memorize? Because some developers I know told me there isn’t. They said it is more about understanding than memorizing. What do you think? And as far as Android programming languages like Java, Javascript, Kotlin, etc which one do you think it would be easier to learn by using memory palaces, mnemonics, mind maps etc?
The thing with all the material available for learning a language faster is that they are more about memorizing such as mnemonics, mindmaps, memory palaces, flash cards, and since it seems that coding is more about understanding then I don’t know what to do.

It seems like a good idea. I didnt find any material on this online. This was the only material I have found: Mnemonic Academy - YouTube
It is a course that teaches Python through Mnemonics. If possible could you tell me what you think of it

The last reply about the Youtube video was actually for bjoern.gumboldt

It seems like a good idea. I didnt find any material on this online. This was the only material I have found: (Mnemonic Academy - YouTube)
It is a course that teaches Python through Mnemonics. If possible could you tell me what you think of it