Do you use tools when creating new memory palaces?

I’d like to know if you take pictures/videos, write down notes of the loci, when you create a new memory palace. For example, from a vacation place. Or do you solely rely on your memory?

1 Like

I personally rely on my memory.

2 Likes

I use Anki to remember about “reviewing” the the palace one in a while - I don’t have any details written down there, only a reminder

3 Likes

I do a plan-view sketch, but mainly just to identify the ‘junctions’ that can be used. The actual layout I rely on memory for (and indeed some of the locations/palaces are imaginary anyway).

2 Likes

Most of the times, I put down the locis on a paper, drawing or just writing the names of each locis. I also mentally walk in them empty a few times each day to be comfortable before starting to memorize inside

3 Likes

I was recently interested in http://mazesuite.com/

you can use this to make custom mazes and you can use pics as the textures of the walls, so basically like a memory palace and walk through it virtually

1 Like

I have an excel file for each palace, and sometimes also take photos to study. When I use a palace to remember something, I may also write each item to memorize in the cell next to its locus for review.

I’m looking forward to seeing what others do.

2 Likes