Count to 1 million

21, “Red-haired” Shanks cutting off his arm (character from One Piece) in my system ^^

Blackjack, our century (21st), 21-gun salute, and the weight of the soul as researched by Duncan MacDougall! Though that research is regarded bollocks, speaking of which… “bollocks” is a word meaning testicles, of which men generally have two, accompanied by one… yea, you get it, moving on! The 9th fibonacci number and the 13th Padovan number. In several countries it is the age of maturity and it is the sum of all sides of a standard dice. It is a palindrome in binary, 10101, and the atomic number of Scandium.

am I the only one liking this game? :open_mouth:

A song by Taylor Swift and atomic number of titanium, which is a song by David Guetta. The hebrew alphabet has 22 letters, and a soccer match has 22 players roaming the field. Two 2’s, 2+2 and 2x2 which both give the same answer, 4. And most important of all… my birthday is on the 22nd of april!

(Josh Cohen) #23

23 - When I started, I had a difficult time thinking of an image for 23 in the major system, but a few are coming to mind now:

• mnemonist
  • gnome
  • animal (or Animal)
  • anime

I use Nemo the fish from the Disney movie.

I’m curious, two of the words you listed have more consonants than just n & m. How do you know to use just the first two when recalling?

Bump. 24

(Josh Cohen) #26

In the traditional way of using the major system, you use the first consonants of the word, and discard the rest. Examples:

01 or 015 could use SaTeLLite
31 or 314 could use MeTeoR

It depends on how many digits your system uses.

Next number:
25 - nightingale in my system (consonant-vowel)

26 - Hunch (i.e.: Hunchback of Notre Dame). Would like to have some others for this. Initially, I had Winch, which was not interesting to me.

27 - Lady Gaga (scond letter, seventh letter )

My 26 is Victoria Frances btw (22th + 6th) checkout her awesome paintings :slight_smile:
(Even tho I guess you won’t all mess your system up by taking parts of my alphabetical system hahaha )

(Josh Cohen) #29

28 (NEI – consonant-vowel system) – a ney.

29 - Nico Robin in my 2-digit category sytem, and Dracula in my (soon to be finished) 3-digit system.

The tenth prime number! and a special one at that, as it is also a so-called Sophie Germain prime (2p+1 = another prime number). Atomic Number of copper, and that is where my knowledge of 29 ends…

The year Jezus Christ was presumably crucified, which is about the only interesting fact I know about the number 30… though it is also seen as a nightmarish age by a lot of people, my knowledge is lacking of the reason for this belief.

who is going to teach us about 31?

“Mitt” in my 2-digit system. Seven months have 31 days (a record, beating out runner-up 30 by 3 months). Also possibly the year Jesus was crucified. There is a film by Rob Zombie called “31”. It is a prime number. It was worn by one of my favorite pitchers of all time, Greg Maddux.

32 :
In my system:

• P:Naruto
  • A: put a tablecloth
  • O: a NES
"Fun" facts:
  • 32 = 2⁵ = 1¹ + 2² + 3³
  • The atomic number of germanium
  • 32 years ~ 1 billions seconds (1009821635)
  • The freezing point of water at sea level in degrees Fahrenheit
  • The number of completed, numbered piano sonatas by Ludwig van Beethoven
  • The number of teeth of a full set of teeth in an adult human

33 :
In my system:

• P:Madara
  • A: put makeup
  • O: mattress

“Fun” facts:

• 33 = 1⁵+2⁵ = 0⁰ + 1¹ + 2² + 3³ = 1! + 2 ! + 3 ! + 4!
  • The atomic number of arsenic
  • A normal human spine has 33 vertebrae when the bones that form the coccyx are counted individually
  • 33 refers to a type of record by its revolution speed : 33⅓ revolutions per minute.
  • Jesus' age when he was crucified in 33 A.D.
  • In French, Italian, Romanian, Spanish and Portuguese, the word which a patient is usually asked to say when a doctor is listening to his or her lungs with a stethoscope (Trente-Trois, Trentatré, Treizeci și trei, Treinta y Tres and Trinta e Três)

I love how jesus was crucified in three adjecent years :stuck_out_tongue:

P: Lucy Heartfilia
A: Opening the Locus
O: Key

In my upcoming Millennium PAO, 033 will probably become the Little Green Men men Toy story, no action and object yet.

In math, 33 is 1!+2!+3!+4!
In chemisty, 33 is Arsenic, the oxide of which is Arsenic trioxide, the toxic commonly reffered to as Arsenic.
In Numberology, 33 is the most powerful number, seen as a symbol of a state in which even the laws of physics seem to be a mere suggestion compared to your flow of good luck.
In anatomy, the average spine has 33 vertibrae, apart from the occasional exception.

(Šubidubi) #36

Celine Dion in my list of numbers.
The atomic number of selenium
One of the magic numbers in physics
The traffic code of Istanbul, Turkey
+34 is the code for international direct-dial phone calls to Spain

Yeah… a little copy/paste problem…

35:
In my system:

• P:Son goku
  • A: Vacuuming
  • O: Towels

Some facts:

• 35 is a tetrahedral number (pyramid with 35 spheres:) pyramid
  • The atomic number of bromine (Br, used in photographic film)
  • 35 mm film is the basic film gauge most commonly used for both analog photography and motion pictures
  • The minimum age of candidates for election to the United States or Irish Presidency.

P#: Jack Nicholson
O#: Chainsaw

The sum of all natural numbers up to 36 is 666.
Atomic number for Krypton (Kr - noble gas).
36 is a square triangular number.

Number 37
P: Gildarts Clive
A: Shattering
O: Boulder

Atomic number of Rubidium
Mitochondrial DNA has 37 genes
12th prime number, and it’s mirror -73- is the 21st
In morse code, 3 and 7 are eachother’s mirror, …-- and --… respectively.

In my system:

• P:Vegeta
  • A:Pack into a suitcase
  • O:Vase
  • J♠

Facts about 38 :

• The atomic number of strontium
  • Average rate of the Moon receding from the Earth : 38 mm/yeaar
1938:
  • first patent for a ball point pen (László Bíró)
  • first patent for a photocopier (Chester Carlson)
  • Teflon (Polytetrafluoroethylene) is discovered

1838:

• Samuel Morse’s telegraph system is demonstrated for the first time