Clock/Chessboard or vastly modular interactive organizer

So clocks work hypothetically for me for several reasons.
Always with you. Works without batteries.
Ones with adjustable frames that indicate hours are good too. To add storage you could color code or so
Also if you picture your second hand in your palace that could act as aid as well.

Breakdown;:
You can associate things like hand positions and their measurement for your presentlocation to quiz yourself an also Vesalius jump from room to room with the clock. As you change seconds you could change ideas represented on the room number or you could have room one have a tree for a visual association (“1” looks like a tree from a distance) represented by the minutes.
And then so on at disgredsion. This is potentially infinite but probably gets difficult due to repeated use of the clock so you could use a chess board with positions or something else that’s highly modular yet designed for interaction. If you have a pawn on a certain square it may also store a value like… say you make a list of properties or categories and list them in the a1 position assigned ex where the rook is you could have the category Logic. The rook could be the subject. And… you could help memorize chess games this way easily and have taking pieces be the journey through the palace.

1 Like

I have to admit that when I read the first part of your post I had no idea what you were talking about. I still don’t, but further down your post It becomes surprisingly interesting. In particular the part I quoted above. There has been some discussion on this forum about using the same memory palace for multiple data sets and how much unwanted interference those different data sets would create. Using a(n) (imaginary) clock to switch on one of those data sets sounds like a genius idea.

1 Like

The problem with genius in this case is i’m so focused on discovering and developing is that while it leads to rapid growth but it’s hard to switch to lower gears and evaluative from other perspectives. I recently designed a new rpg system for a charity project that is rules light and I successfully discussed it with a friend but giving context when you’re super focused is proving to be a learning curve. I’m very happy with my technique but the issue is I’ve had difficulty with some health issues and things like ability to focus and come up with ideas are currently coming at a cost of clarity and awareness in other contexts. Hopefully I can adapt quickly. Conversations are much easier and always have been for me than writing clearly. Probably because it’d limits the focus and seems to prompt reflection. On my own I get confusing for people it seems.
Thoutghts?

1 Like