Chris from Connecticut

I am 49 years young and very interested in any and all memory techniques, books- audio, hardcover, etc. Where is a good place to begin my journey in improving my memory? I anxiously await your feedback, answers, and advice. Thank you.

2 Likes

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

If you haven’t seen it yet, there is a how to learn memory techniques page.

For books, see: What Are the Best Memory Books to Read?

1 Like

Welcome Chris!
It is never late to start ultralearning. I am just some years behind you (age wise :slight_smile:) and have started learning memory techniques recently.
Once you go through the links given by Josh, feel free to ask specific questions where you are unclear and the fantastic group of people here will readily help you by answering them.

1 Like

In addition to the resources here—and there are many—I’m a fan of Dominic O’Brien’s work and highly recommend his audio series “Quantum Memory Power” and his book How to Develop a Perfect Memory. I would also highly recommend Lynne Kelly’s Memory Craft. For some terrific examples of memory journeys, I don’t think you can do better than Remember, Remember by Ed Cooke.

Of course, the landmark book of the last 20 years probably has to be Joshua Foer’s Moonwalking with Einstein, which has had a dramatic impact on the memory world. It is not so much a guide to techniques, though, as a journalistic exploration of the world of memory techniques and competitions. Wherever you are in your own memory journey, it’s a wonderfully entertaining and informative book. (And its bibliography could keep you well-supplied with valuable resources for years.)

Bob

2 Likes