Card Images for Flashcards

I’ve posted three sets of images that I use in my flashcards.

These are all the suitless pairs, A-K. There are 169 total.

These are the two card suit combinations. 16 in all.

And here are the 256 four suit combinations.

Each page has a zip link to download each set in one go from mediafire.

I have no idea why blogspot sorted the images like it did. If you download the sets, you can sort them by file name and they’ll be in a much more manageable and logical order.

Also, I’m currently working on a way to combine all the card pairs automatically (I have no desire to make 2704 images by hand). If I can figure out a way to automate it, I’ll post that link, too.

I found a great free Adobe Illustrator file with vector images of playing cards. I’ve created a set of playing cards (jpgs) in three different sizes, Large, 3/4 size, and 1/2 size. You can see samples and the link to download the zip file with all three sizes here

Enjoy!

Oh, and I think I got this batch jobs all figured out, so I will be posting the full set of 2,704 single card pairs within the next coup’la days. If you have any requests, feel free to pass them on. I’ll do anything to keep from doing what I’m supposed to be doing (I like to think of it as creative procrastination).

(Josh Cohen) #3

Thanks for the images.

Thanks a lot Larry for the images! :slight_smile:

You are welcome for the images. I finally finished with the card pairs, all 2,704 of them. You can see samples here

They come in two sizes.

Adobes Illustrator and Photoshop, and a nifty little program called Axialis Iconworkshop, did the batch work. Without them, this job would have been too labor intensive. But with them, I was able to do the batches in the background while I worked on far more pressing jobs up front.

Let’s see, what else… They all have easy to recognize names, combining the names of the two cards (like AS–AS, 6D–3C). Iconworkshop did that automatically (it also has a fully functioning 30 day free trial. Did I say nifty? I meant awesome!). But they are unorganized, meaning that I was going to group them into folders for easy access, but my way of grouping may not be your way to grouping, so I let it go.

Hope you enjoy them!

–Larry

I can’t see them. The blog appears to be invite only.

(Sergio Díaz) #7

yes, I have no permission to… :confused:

This link to the blog is open to invited readers only
so how do we see it?

That was weird. Had no idea that setting had been changed. It should work now.

Here’s the link for the card pairs (all 2,704 of them).
http://themanwiththehumanbrain.blogspot.com/2011/04/2704-card-pairs.html

Here’s the link for the single card images.
http://themanwiththehumanbrain.blogspot.com/2011/04/single-card-images.html

I retested the downloads, and they still work.

Erol, if there are any more problems, just reply to this thread, I should be notified by email.

–Larry

Larry, That’s fantastic! Thank you.
I was able to download them.
Thank you for making the efforts for this.
I hope to return the favour with an-improvement I am working on lately.

Thanks again!