Can this accuracy drill reduce the number of times you need to practice?

Edit: The accuracy drill along with other posts sare below however this post can still be read for informational purposes.

I have thought of a method(Which I hope works) for practicing lesser while still retaining or improving your old accuracy as for sleep some people recommand to wake up a bit earlier for the previous day for a few days until a person can wake up earlier and here,

A idea is to practice a work 4 times in 1 day and then reduce the number of times you practice it the following days slightly,

However this may not work if the accuracy gained though slightly lesser practice is not equivalent to the accuracy gained through more practice and so for help in maintining that accuracy I think that you can use the following methods in the given order below or make your own order -

Day 1 - Practiced something without using any method for 5 times

Day 2 - Practiced that thing using Transfer Learning for 4 Times

Day 3 - Practiced that work with priming for 3 times

Day 4 - Practiced that work for 2 times with a small break in between

Day 5 - Paying Full attention on that work and practicing it for 1 time

If the idea above as it is told works then idea that a person will have to pratice Maths for a certain number of times should not work if it is implemented as this idea above will then be able to reduce the number of times a person will have to practice Maths in order to get an acceptable level of accuracy and I think that both these ideas are commonly told and in the end only one idea may be found to be true.

Do you think that this technique will work ?,I am going to try it on me when it will be morning today and I have faith that it will work because then it can help a lot of Maths students and if this technique works then I will posting a step for increasing the speed for solving questions using this method,

This method in a nutshell -

Reduce the number of times you practice something slightly day by day while still maintaining your original performance by using a different performance boosting technique after the first day you had practice that thing with each performance technique being sufficiently more effective than the previous technique that was used to compensate for the decrease in accuracy gain from the reduced practice.

Here,A different performance improver is used because I think,feel and suspect that otherwise your brain or body will recognise a pattern and it may focus on improving a single performance improvement technique which may Increase your performance with that performance improvement technique but may not increase your performance at the thing which you are practicing.

And,

Cheers.

This sounds highly specific. Is there any scientific research that supports this idea?

I like the idea of using different learning-methods, but I don’t think it’s necessarily the best way to learn for all types of information. I would think practicing anything multiple times a day for 5 days in a row would show at least some results, so it’ll probably be tough to find out whether your method actually makes a difference. With your method, you would have practiced 15 times in total, over a period of 5 days. That’s already quite a lot, isn’t it?

1 Like

Sound great and I think it will work. I used to practice for few days on some chapter complete that, then leave it for 2-3 weeks and try solving it again. When solving later after 2-3 weeks I will forget some problems and while solving those problems again sometimes I see new way to solve the problem. I also analyze why I forget what I did and why I forget and make note of that.

I am not aware of any scientific research which supports this, I created this method after watching multiple YouTube videos telling about a simpler method that was used for reducing phone addictions and sleeping hours, Which is to reduce the usage of phone every day slightly until the sleep or usage of phone is reduced enough,

This was recommended by a lot of Youtubers.

I think that this will work like 4-3-2-1 drills in which a person tries to read the same or more than the same amount of words for lesser and lesser amount of time and here a person is trying to achieve the same accuracy in a task with lesser and lesser practice, I think that this method does for accuracy what 4-3-2-1 drills did for speed,

And those speed drills were present in Howard Berg’s speed reading program which was shown to increase people’s reading speed in a double blind study and I think that most of the speed improvements in speed reading programs comes from the 4-3-2-1 drills although I think that program had a different drill format it was a speed drill,

Howard Berg had said that after doing that drill people’s speed increased permanantly even if they did not practice that drill and that drill tricked the brain into thinking that the text was being read at a slower rate than it actually was being read and I think that this method will trick it’s user’s brain into thinking that whatever(Maths) has been practiced has been practiced more times than it actually has been practiced and the effect of this drill may be permanant,

I had just now recalled about that study now and I think that the study of Howard Berg and I think that study partially or fully supports this idea.

1 Like

Howard Berg made another method which was gradually speeding up(Gradually reducing practice) and then slowing down when comprehension is needed(Performance boosting technique of comprehension)

I have though about an accuracy drill after thinking of this which must be followed at least for 4 days -

Rule 1 - Gradually reducing my practice in Maths after Day 1 while using rotated performance boosting techniques above.

Rule 2 - Increasing my number of practice(s) if my rate of accuracy improvement in any day is less than the rate of my accuracy improvement in day 1 until my rate of accuracy improvement in both of those are equal or in other words my rate of accuracy improvement in both of those days are constant.

It may be possible to get results from this drill in less than 4 days by practicing this drill 4 consequtive times with a time limit set based on your normal speed in the task which will be practiced.

But if you are practicing this drill then remmeber to increase your accuracy first before increasing your speed,

And,

Have a Good Day.

1 Like

And,The performance boosting methods for this drill are below -