Building a Memory Palace from V's Apartment (Cyberpunk 2077)

Hey Everyone!

Long time reader, not so frequent poster here. I’ve been reading up on Memory Palaces and memory techniques for a long time now,

but I didn’t really use them in any meaningful way and my PAO system is seriously out of date too.

This year, I decided that I will up my game and spend some serious time to boost my memory palaces and locations that I have.

I have like, 3. :slight_smile:

And sharing this journey with you peeps might encourage me some more to invest some time into this so I don’t slack off. :slight_smile:

I present to you my first ever virtual place, that is V’s first apartment in the game Cyberpunk 2077. The apartment is small enough

to not be overwhelming and large enough to have many locations available to play with. Here are some screenshots and some labels

that I made for the things that are relevant.

Enjoy!

Gergely

8 Likes

Those graphics look great. How is the game? I saw the preview on YouTube, and looks like it might have been inspired by Deus Ex.

1 Like

Those pictures are awesome if u can provide the precedence (numbering) to the loci that would be even better :+1::+1::+1:.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks! :slight_smile:

I thought about numbering them, but wondered if people would like to have their own numbers?

Shall I number them in order of appearance? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi!

Indeed the graphics are amazing if you have the metal to back it up. :smiley: The game is great! I played it to the end twice. :smiley: I don’t really have that much time to immerse in the small quests, but I did do a lot of sidequests too. The characters depth are awesome! The stories are compelling you can see the acting skills of all involved.

I think it’s a fantastic game. It is deus ex-y. :slight_smile: But not that gritty? If that makes sense. I think it’s worth grabbing the game when it’s on discount. :wink: :smiley:

3 Likes

Heey, have you heard about Art Of Memory Software?

2 Likes

hi! :slight_smile:

Yes, I did. I haven’t subscribed to it. Is there something particular you are mentioning it here and now?

1 Like

The memory palace software lets you upload pictures of your memory palaces, add the locations, and “walk” through them. You can also add your facts and images, which can be shown layered on top of your memory journeys (not shown in the clip below).

I don’t think my computer could run it. I played Deux Ex 1 and Human Revolution though. HR was pretty good.

3 Likes

Oh that is super cool. I give it a try, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

After what happened, I’m looking forward to playing the game after I get around to getting a next-gen console.

2 Likes

I mainly played on PS4 and I think it was okay. That picture above are from my son’s gaming PC though. :smiley: so obviously a huge difference there hehe. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great stuff, same with the hardware, I am playing through the Deus Ex originals as well. For some reason Invisible Wars keeps crashing. I know it was not the most critically acclaimed one but I have some nostalgia from being fourteen playing that one.

2 Likes

Fantastic, my first post was exactly this (don’t have a good enough PC right now to warrant getting the game but soon). I’ve been thinking about Resident Evil, Half-Life, Halo, same deal. I guess any place you can recall will work. Audio is getting pretty great but as of now there is no smell simulator to go by, and scent is very powerful memory wise, but, imagination!

1 Like