Braden's Memory Marathon Alzheimers Society Fundraiser

I wanted to share something cool I’m going to be doing later this summer as I feel it is a relevant topic on this forum.

I’m doing a fundraiser for the Alzheimer Society of British Columbia and I’m using my memory to do so! It is estimated that 70,000 people in British Columbia live with some form of dementia. On August 28th, I’ll be memorizing 70 decks of cards and recalling them all using the IAM Training Site: https://www.iamwmc.com/competition/training.html

That’s 1 deck for every 1,000 people living with dementia in B.C.

I’ll be streaming this entire event live on my Twitch channel: twitch.tv/bradenexplosion

For more info, or to donate, please visit my fundraiser page: Braden’s Memory Marathon

(Please note that for donations through my fundraiser page of $15 or greater you will automatically receive a tax receipt)

I’ve been personally affected by Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia, as has my wife and plenty of other extended family. I’m hoping to raise funds and awareness by doing what I do best: memorizing!

I’ve been broadcasting every Thursday night on my Twitch channel as well. Last night was my 5th week of doing a long cards event. I did 30 Min Cards for 3 weeks, last week and last night I did Hour Cards. I’ll be progressing to longer times as well as I prepare for this huge feat.

I should add I live on the Canadian West Coast, so I’m in the Pacific Daylight Time time zone, so if you want to watch my streams on Thursday nights (I usually start between 8pm and 9pm), or watch my Memory Marathon (it’ll be an all-day affair), just keep that in mind.

Thanks for reading!

9 Likes

Looking forward to seeing this and hanging out with all the Bradenmaniacs

2 Likes

Bradenmania is gonna run wild on August 28th brother!

3 Likes

What cha gonna do Alzheimer’s when Bradenmania runs wild on you???

1 Like

All the best , : )

2 Likes

How many decks are you up to now in training? @BradenExplosion

3 Likes

3 Thursdays ago I did 29/29 decks in 1 hour cards! 2 Thursdays ago I attempted 31 decks and missed the mark though, ended up scoring 19 decks only. I took last week off. I’ll be back at it this Thursday. I’ll be starting 90 minute cards and shooting for 40 decks. This is the territory where I may need to start doing 4 total looks at each deck so we’ll see how it goes.

2 Likes

The new GM norms should not be a problem then

1 Like

I attempted 40 decks last night, got 39 right! I had a card pair swap on deck 8 that cost me. But overall, I got 2076/2080 cards correct! Spent 2 hours memorizing, which was way more time than I planned. Recall took over 2 hours too.

3 Likes

Braden Adams the Unofficial IAM world record holder!!! Congrats

2 Likes

Not quite, it wasn’t done in an hour like I said, it was 2 hours of memorizing and another 2+ of recall. I seriously thought 90-100 mins would be all I needed, but after a couple set backs, and realizing that I was moving quite slow (it was getting late), I started thinking 2 hrs wasn’t enough!

For those curious, I saw every deck 3 times, and the first 4 decks a 4th time before time ran out. Recall, whilst bumpy at times, was incredibly smooth for a lot of the decks.

3 Likes

Man thats mindblowing you only saw 3 times to me and were that accurate!!! Woww!!!

3 Likes

Oops my mistake. Still remarkable though

3 Likes

Doing 2 trials of 10 Min Cards tonight in prep for my big event. Felt like changing it up a bit. It’ll be streamed as usual on my Twitch Channel.

1 Like

On my first trial I was able to hit a Personal Record!

470cards, 9 Decks plus 2 additional cards from a 10th deck.

Trial 2 I attempted 9.5 but crashed and burned haha. But that happens!

3 Likes