I was looking for some new books. I want to read about some other subjects. Everything is welcolme. I especially read about psychology so I want to read about other categories like history, philosophy, poetry. Does someone has some tips or a list with some good books?
I’ll give you what I checked out from library yesterday: The Murder Room(Michael Capuzzo), No physical evidence(Gus Lee), Beyond human nature(Jesse J. Prinz), Atlas Shrugged(Ayn Rand).
Thanks if you have more feel free to add!
Here are a few on my next-to-read list. I’ve read parts of some, but haven’t gotten through them yet.
- A History of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russell
- Europe: A History by Norman Davies
- Psychology: The Briefer Course by William James
- Darwin's Dangerous Idea by Daniel Dennett
- The Ancestor's Tale by Richard Dawkins
- Gödel, Escher, Bach by Douglas Hofstadter (recommended by Nelson in the other thread below)
- Introduction to Graph Theory by Richard Trudeau
Edit: for poetry, check out the Norton Anthology of Poetry. I also like what I’ve read of Chapman’s Homer.
I’m currently reading Geometry, Relativity, and the Fourth Dimension by Rudolf Rucker, which is great so far.
I just picked up a free copy of Anthony Metivier’s book over here.