Best psychology books

Can anyone help me to suggest some psychological books.

3 Likes

What do you mean by “psychological books”? Are you looking for ‘self development’ books? Are you looking for books that highlight how human mind works,or why humans behave in a certain way,the role of unconscious mind,etc?

1 Like

Yes i am looking for some similar books

Check Existential Psychotherapy and when Nietzsche wept by Irvin D. Yalum and ID, EGO and Super EGO by Freud.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s what you’re looking for, but there is an audiobook series that covers famous books. Each book is given a short overview. It might be a way to see if any of those classics sound interesting. This is the one that covers psychology classics:

Audible also has some lecture series from the Great Courses. I have this one but haven’t listened to it yet.

(To see the content, check the main site, though it’s cheaper to buy just the audio on Audible.)

I’ve found The Great Courses to be very high quality for the most part — at least the ones I’ve listened to. I like to combine lectures from The Great Courses on Audible with reading about the topic on paper.

If you don’t already have an Audible account, you can get 1 or 2 free books when you sign up.

2 Likes