Assorted Introductions

Chattanooga, TN

New to the memory game, want to meet others looking to improve and compete. Thanks drbrad

1 Like

Hi - 63 yr old male - England. Just discovered the joy of having a good memory. I want to continue to improve my memory, particularly presentations as I often do these in another sphere of my life.
I am really chuffed that I have used a technique to fully memorise all 44 US presidents and the years of coming to office. I can also tell you all the Kings and Queens of England and their houses, back to Edward the Confressor (1042). Would like to improve, learn a couple of tricks and impress my grand kids.

3 Likes

Hi am 33 year old male- Originally from Mexico, living in Orange County, California.I want to improve my memory to achieve career goals, manage information to make better decisions. I heard about Mnemotechnics.org through a Ted talk on How to Become a Memory Master - Idriz Zogaj.
My goal is to learn the skills for work.

1 Like

Hi, I am 55 years - old by looks & young in spirits. Residing in Chennai, a major city in India. Before the advent of the mobile phones, I used to remember nearly 300 telephone numbers of my employer’s branch offices and representatives. I wish to regain such memory and more. I assist youngsters and very elderly, in their requirements.

1 Like

Welcome to the site! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi my name is Meli, which is my real nickname, I am from the same country as Simonides But not the same ability to remember. It is irritating and embarrassing and some times not professional at all. Therefore I need your assistance please. I cannot really say my age but I am not too young nor too old. 0:)

1 Like

Hi, I would like to start my training, but I do not know how, shall I prepare a random list and start to associate it with things and situations or there is an introductory method available? Any game maybe?

1 Like

https://artofmemory.com/wiki/Getting_Started

1 Like

Hi, I’m Katie and I am from the UK, currently studying for exams. Is there any memory techniques anyone would recommend for memorising textbooks/specifications?

1 Like

How to memorize a book

2 Likes

Thank you Kinma

1 Like

Josh, could you maybe close this thread? Like prevent further replies to it? It’s a good thread, but people don’t read it and post their introductions here.

[I’ve moved these comments to a new thread.]

Hi my name is Kevin I’m a 53 factory worker and looking to improve my memory could someone start me off

If you haven’t seen it yet, check out the how to learn memory techniques page.