Any help would be useful

Need help with understanding this:

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds and thousands of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. And those very same tiny threads that in non-existence would lead to the crumble and fall of any relationship. Who said the little things in life are free? And who said money is the only currency?

Not sure what this has to do with Art of Memory, but as I read it, it says:

That you can’t hold a relationship together with a contract. A relationship is made and maintained by a hundred small exchanges every day. This is the currency of a marriage.

3 Likes

Do you have any questions about memory?

What are you interested in memorizing? What memory techniques have you tried? :slight_smile:

Well, it was posted under “Off-Topic Chat.” So it’s true to that. :slight_smile:

That is a brilliantly succinct summary. I don’t think I’ve ever heard the phrase “the currency of marriage” before, but I love it.

Bob

2 Likes

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2016/06/10/thread/

2 Likes

Even if this thread is off topic I am currently aiming to remember quotes which can be used in public speaking or compering using memory palaces, and this thread has given one quote to be remembered. The person Simone Signoret who is attributed this quote is also a good person with SS as initials a good candidate for some Dominic System PAO sequence.

Thanks for this link.

2 Likes

I’m delighted to be of service.

Actually, I’m glad I found the quote, because a link at the foot of that page leads to another amazing quote:

If you have to tell a child something a thousand times, perhaps it is not the child who is the slow learner.

6 Likes