An Incomplete Education by Judy Jones and William Wilson

Hey All -

This is my first post to the forum. I’ve been reading this forum for a few months now and really like the discussion. I’ve learned some good tips and techniques reading this forum and was hoping I could get some guidance on this new issue:

I have a book called “The Incomplete Education.” It’s a great book on general knowledge broken down into several main categories (i.e. Art, History, Film, Philosophy, Education, Geography, etc). Within each category is a brief discussion of a subset section within the main category (i.e. discussing Plato and his ideas in the Philosophy section).

My goal is to memorize what I’ve read within each main category. How would one go about tackling this challenge? Should I create a different memory journey for each main category and then place each subset of information at a given stop? Or, would mind mapping techniques be better suited (I have yet to start to tackle that beast!).

Thanks for any guidance!

Most useful info for students
(Josh Cohen) #2

Here’s a link to the book for anyone who might be interested:

Well, that seems easy enough to memorize… just take any shopping mall and put pictures representing each of the 12 chapters in front of the stores:

1. Cheesecake Factory
  2. Starbucks Store
  3. Verizon Store
  4. etc

Big Bang Theory’s Penny singing America the Beautiful for American Studies in front of 1st location. Bob Ross (for Art History) painting a night sky filled with stars [in his voice] ever so slightly bugging each other, just a little though, just enough [voice off] in front of the 2nd location.

Inside the Cheesecake Factory you set up six locations for the content of the chapter as stated on the cover page of the chapter: literature, poetry, etc. You could even add the page number as major code in each location.

Do that for all and done. You’ll have all twelve chapters and their individual tables of contents. If you still don’t know what it covers inside of “American Studies > American Literature 101” set up a separate route somewhere with Jonathan Edwards, Benjamin Franklin, etc.

Thanks for the link @Josh… not sure what the critics say, but from what I read of the first chapter, I’d assume it became a (they even call it “surprise”) bestseller because it was on the Summer Reading List for Freshmen or something and everyone had to buy it. There is really nothing in there worth spending your time on.

I stopped reading after I saw the two pages (two!?!) in chapter 2 “The Leonardo/Michelangelo Crib Sheet” (p. 79). You’d learn more about those two by watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I think the only thing “Incomplete” here is the content of the book… but that’s just my opinion, so no offense to the people that like the book.

New member: Karna, India
What's the Best Way to Encode Very Dense Technical Information?
How useful is this in praction ?
How do you do multiple castles?