Advice on math: to try to memorize the pictures of the work you've done or curate steps on certain math problems and try to memorize those steps?

(Meonemonics) #1

I’m curious about this and I’m asking people who use math a lot in their routine whether for personal use or commercial/professional use.

Actually, just tell me would you memorize the pictures of the work you’ve done (e.g. after finishing a page of homework and there’s maybe a problem that sticks out, you memorize the structure/drawing of that homework and place it into memory/memory palace?) OR would you just curate a list of steps to achieve solving that problem and index it into your memory/memory palace?

I know there are systems out there where you define every symbol as a certain imagery/visual object but a con to that is that it’s very time-intensive to setup (I think?) and it requires a good amount of skill (I think?) I don’t even think those systems are worth it but let me know your opinions.

0 Likes

Actually, just tell me would you memorize the pictures of the work you’ve done (e.g. after finishing a page of homework and there’s maybe a problem that sticks out, you memorize the structure/drawing of that homework and place it into memory/memory palace?) OR would you just curate a list of steps to achieve solving that problem and index it into your memory/memory palace?

I’d do the latter. If there is a math problem that really stands out to me, sometimes it’s because that problem represents a certain exception to the rules or application that I was not yet aware of.

I know there are systems out there where you define every symbol as a certain imagery/visual object but a con to that is that it’s very time-intensive to setup (I think?) and it requires a good amount of skill (I think?) I don’t even think those systems are worth it but let me know your opinions.

Yeah, there aren’t many situations where you would need to memorize a problem verbatim. This process is often more trouble than it’s worth.

0 Likes