About memoriad's addition task

First of all, hello everyone, I’ve been lurking around here for quite some time, and recently (2-3 weks ago) decided to tackle on this specific challenge. Here is my problem with it:

I am aware I don’t practice enough, especially cause I do this mostly for fun. Either way, my best score for this task was 52 seconds, using 1 column each time (I know I could be faster with 2 columns simultaneously, but I’ll let that for a later time). However, I realized I am able to finish 1x10 in around 3-4 seconds, depending on the numbers/my mood. So, my question is (And it might be a dumb one, so I apologize if so), is this normal? I mean, being slower the more 1x10 I tackle in one after the other? (Its almost as if my brain gets tired after 5 or 6 columns, and then slows down). Should I try to focus on concentration first, or should I just keep practicing and practicing?

Thank you all.

2 Likes

These are my best scores, 50 seconds:

You MUST train EVERYDAY.

I do using 1 column. I train without Soroban 40 min everyday.

Best regards.

2 Likes

Thank you, it really gives me motivation to keep going, by watching faster times (I follow the: ‘If they can do it, I can too’ mentality haha). At first I thought I wouldn’t mind much to this, but honestly, its actually quite fun, and I enjoy finding my limits.

I have seen how Soroban works and I don’t think its really fit for me, but who knows in the future…

I’ll definitely practice a bit more and try to improve. Next goal is 45 seconds, I’ll update if ever reach it.

Just one question. Is it beneficial to do all 10 tasks at once, or doing 1 each time is good enough? (Asking because I am not sure I can keep focused for 10 mins, at least for now).

2 Likes

I cannot keep focused for 10 min.

In my opinion we should attain 45 or even 40 seconds at one task before attempt to do 2 tasks.

1 Like

3 Likes

Next goal is 45 seconds, although I am still not fully happy with my accuracy. More than half of the times I miss one digit by 1 or 2 haha.
Best regards to your further practice too Benjamin.

2 Likes

Just got this immediately after a 46,5 seconds one. Interestingly enough all my best scores happened on my initial tries on the day. Does that happen to you too?

2 Likes

Yes, on the morning!

Keep the good work Mario!

1 Like

4 Likes

This is my current best. I seem to get around 40-45s most of the time though. Also I still need to work my accuracy. Somehow doing these while listening to music improves my speed.

3 Likes

Very nice :clap:

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Great, It seems you’ll be reaching 40s mark in no time. Keep it up!
I too want to consistently reach 40s haha.

1 Like

Reach less than 40 will be very hard though. I speak for myself, of course.

3 Likes