A system for memorising 3 different items using Base 3/Ternary

Base 3/Ternary uses 3 digits 0,1,2 so my technique is simple.
If we have a deck of cards with Red Black and White, associate each colour to a number Red=0 Black=1 White=2
Then when you deal the cards count the value so Black,Black = 11. In Base 3/ternary 11 is 4 so all you need to do is remember 4.
Example: Black,Red Black,White Red,White White,White = 1,0 1,2 0,2 2,2. I use two at a time so it is 3 5 2 8
As there are no white cards in a deck of playing cards i use any of the Ace, Jack, Queen, King for white.
I got this idea from the Binary system which uses 1 and 0 for Black and Red or anything else you apply it to.

Binary - Number Conversion Systems
https://artofmemory.com/wiki/Binary_Number_Memorization_Systems

So how do you know if A, J, Q, or K was red or black? You’re kinda mixing suits and ranks there by making certain ranks white and otherwise deciding based on suit for red and black…

Yes your right if A, J, Q, K is red or black it does not tell you which is which. I only use A, J, Q, K because its a way to use the white association and i use Red and Black for only numbers.
I came up with this technique because i like the speed of the binary system and how easy it is to use so i tried to expand it into a 3 digit system which could be used with anything with 3 items.

I presume you mean base 3 system, not 3 digit system as you are only chunking 2 digits in your example. So what’s an application for that then? I’m not entirely sure when to use such a system.

Going thru a deck of cards just memorizing black/red, you could simply use binary with black = 1 and red = 0 and then chunk them 3 + 3 to get a number from your 00…99 image set. Basically, just like you’d do binary in competitions.

In a double card system, you’re looking at base 4 for the suit combinations. The Ben System assigns 16 vowels and the shadow system 8 codes from the major system + 8 shadows for a total of 16.

The only thing I could think of would be a binary grid allowing blanks (nil):

true, true, nil, false, nil, true
true, nil, false, nil, true, false
nil, nil, true, nil, false, false

…but not sure when you’d run into that.